Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I was on the bus....part 2!
Lol.

So I'm on the bus sitting at the back and a frail old woman sitting near the front gets up to get off at her stop. She's old, late 70s/early 80s and she's using one of those modern three wheel walking frames on wheels with a shopping bag on the front. She shuffles awkwardly to the door and stops.

Now modern buses here are on hydraulics the front of the bus can be lowered or raised on hydraulics. So she shuffles to the door and there is obviously quite a drop to the pavement because the bus is right up on its hydraulics. She says “oh dear its a long way down today isn't it?”

Now all the driver had to to was hit a button on his dashboard to lower the hydraulics to make it easier for her to get off but he doesn't he just sits there glaring at her impassively. So I think “what a twat!” So I get up and say to the old woman “would you like a hand down” and she says “oh yes please its too far down today!” So I put her walking frame thing on the pavement and give her a hand down. I get back on the bus and say to the driver “why didn't you lower the hydraulics to make it easier for her to get off?” And he just looked away.

A lot of bus drivers are twats if they don't like being a bus driver then do something else, do a part time college course or learn to type, anything is better than being a twat driving a bus who won't push a button to help a senior citizen get off.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

No comment!

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
try this..........

[Image: 275sw903505.gif]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-30-2014, 09:38 AM)Maggot Wrote: try this..........

[Image: 275sw903505.gif]

That's good advice in this case.

Well, except for the hitting the street part - much braver to stand tall and take it like a man. Smiley_emoticons_fies
^ Oops, forgot.

Lol.
(01-30-2014, 01:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: ^ Oops, forgot.

Lol.

Thanks for that!

I'm a pedant retard who takes everything everyone says seriously enough to write epic posts that rival the genius of Gilgamesh the Ramayana and the mahabharata combined!

Om.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I have lived in a big city where some bus drivers clearly do not like the public. Here where I live now the bus drivers are friendly. It's like a very large country town.

There is no excuse for his rude behaviour. If he is not happy in his job he should look elsewhere. He is not helping anyone being in that position and it is making him an awful person.
What's tomorrows bus story going to be? Some crazy guy let a badger loose on the bus and you trapped him in your knapsack.
Hey, all mocking and LOLing aside, badgers are crafty and dangerous.

[Image: d56c9661-4072-4f06-8995-68a7e8d1d41e_zps...1391129228]

I fully support any and all efforts to keep them from gaining control.

hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[Image: badgers008.jpg]
[Image: ninjabadgers2.jpg]
CN's an asshole sometimes, but it's not like I don't wanna see him here anymore.

So, I just hope the bus badger isn't of the honey variety. They're badass - perhaps even more menacing than pervs and inconsiderate public workers.

[Image: honey-badger-book.jpg]

Plus, if the other passengers lose their fearless leader in battle, you just know that chaos and tyranny would surely befall the bus.

Take your nunchucks in your knapsack tomorrow, CN!