Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DEATH

Do you fear death? I used to have serious anxiety about it. Every night for months & months I would be almost asleep and then my brain would scream YOU'RE GOING TO DIE. My eyes would snap open and I'd be wide awake. It was so sucky.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No. I'm not ready to go but I don't fear it.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
What I fear most is the pain and suffering one must endure before death. There are some fortunate ones who die in their sleep or killed immediately. I'm a baby and don't want to go through what so many of my family and friends have had to do.
More afraid of what happens after....if there is a heaven and hell then I am afraid of what will happen to me!

You've been a nurse for years, your spot is assured...

...unless you're one of those nurses that have made the evening news where they are referred to as the angel of death. Awink
(04-26-2014, 01:23 PM)justme Wrote: More afraid of what happens after....if there is a heaven and hell then I am afraid of what will happen to me!

And that is exactly how religion survives. Fear of mortality. Prey on the fear, sell the solution.

[Image: image_zpsb747d304.jpg]
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I'm not afraid of dying; never have had any anxiety about it. I'm comfortable with my own death -- whenever and however it goes down.

I do sometimes have anxiety about people that I love dying, though. I'm not as comfortable as I should be with that eventuality even though I lose people of whom I'm fond nearly every month in this business and handle it pretty well.

My dad's death hit me very hard and I haven't been the same since. That's not necessarily bad overall -- I just know it changed me and how I feel about some things. Sometimes I think about my mom dying and hope that I'm a little better prepared emotionally, but I know that's not the case. It causes me major anxiety to contemplate it and brings me to tears (even as I type), so I have to push it aside and know that I'll deal with it then and just focus on life now.

If one of the kids in my world died before me, it would be an unbelievable struggle to comes to terms with that and I might fail.

So, I'm gonna pour a glass of wine and stir my sauce and stop thinking about any of it!!!
You will never be ready for your mom to die.
I'm not so sure about dying in my sleep. You must wake up and say "damn this hurts!"
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I fear not-quite death: the idea that I'll do something stupid or get in a terrible accident that doesn't quite kill me but renders me bedridden and vegetated, trapped in my own skin for years. gah no thanks.
(04-26-2014, 07:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm not afraid of dying; never have had any anxiety about it. I'm comfortable with my own death -- whenever and however it goes down.

I do sometimes have anxiety about people that I love dying, though. I'm not as comfortable as I should be with that eventuality even though I lose people of whom I'm fond nearly every month in this business and handle it pretty well.

My dad's death hit me very hard and I haven't been the same since. That's not necessarily bad overall -- I just know it changed me and how I feel about some things. Sometimes I think about my mom dying and hope that I'm a little better prepared emotionally, but I know that's not the case. It causes me major anxiety to contemplate it and brings me to tears (even as I type), so I have to push it aside and know that I'll deal with it then and just focus on life now.

If one of the kids in my world died before me, it would be an unbelievable struggle to comes to terms with that and I might fail.

So, I'm gonna pour a glass of wine and stir my sauce and stop thinking about any of it!!!

My dad died last July, and now my mom last Monday. So now I'm an orphan, an old orphan, but an orphan none the less.

I'm gonna join you, and pour a glass of wine.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Death bothers me because I have no way of knowing about the afterlife and neither does anyone else. I've done some fucked up things and agree that I should suffer for them. Maybe not for eternity, but I should definitely feel some heat.
(04-26-2014, 12:02 PM)Teacher Wrote: What I fear most is the pain and suffering one must endure before death. There are some fortunate ones who die in their sleep or killed immediately. I'm a baby and don't want to go through what so many of my family and friends have had to do.

Teacher, I feel the same way. I'm glad I don't have a crystal ball !
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
(04-27-2014, 01:54 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote:
(04-26-2014, 12:02 PM)Teacher Wrote: What I fear most is the pain and suffering one must endure before death. There are some fortunate ones who die in their sleep or killed immediately. I'm a baby and don't want to go through what so many of my family and friends have had to do.

Teacher, I feel the same way. I'm glad I don't have a crystal ball !

OTD, you know the old saying that wisdom comes with age. Well, you, Blueberry Hill, and I are just oozing wisdom, right? These young whippersnappers on here haven't been through what we have
been through....... for sooooo many years!
(04-27-2014, 03:57 AM)Teacher Wrote: young whippersnappers

Thank you. I'll try not to let it go to my head. It's way better than "that old, battle axe Douchess".
(04-26-2014, 07:20 PM)ramseycat Wrote: You will never be ready for your mom to die.

I know you're right about that, rams.

You, sal, Cars...all lost your mom's recently under different circumstances, and not completely unexpectedly. But, even when it's not a "sudden" death, I don't think it's something most people can really be "prepared for" when that final moment comes (and how you feel for a long time afterwards, especially if it's a parent -- or any loved one, really -- with whom you're very close).

Losing someone I loved has always been such a surreal experience for me. I literally cannot believe it has happened as I am going through the initial stages of grief. I can't think in terms of never seeing that person again, it crushes me. Fortunately I have limited experience.
I go to call my mom all the time. Then I remember I can't. And I know Mike is gone. But it just doesn't seem real. Like how can my big fireman brother be dead at 52? I think it takes a long time to really accept the death of a loved one.
I wish I was nicer to my mom leading up to her illness. She was a drug addict and it pissed me off. But who gives a shit, I should have treated her like a queen and I didn't. I was an asshole.

You were entitled to your pissed off-ness.