Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TOLERANCE

Do you have it?

I've been thinking about this and while I have some, I am not filled with it.

What do you find intolerable?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-15-2014, 12:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:
What do you find intolerable?

Political correctness.
I find stupidity and ignorance totally intolerable. I am amazed at how some people can even function in this world.

And yeah....them Duggers with all them kids. You realize they are marrying off their daughter to some guy she just met a few weeks ago?
I think I am fairly tolerant, at least I don't act on the impulse to kill every fucking moron that somehow manages to hose part of my day.
Ignorance, Stupidity and out and out racism I can't tolerate and tend to offend them rather quickly.
Political Correctness I find to be a high irritant and a vapid waste of time, don't tolerate it very well either I suppose
I'm intolerant when it comes to the actions and excuses of violent and manipulative criminals.

Most everything and everyone else I can tolerate, regardless of how irritating I might find them.

I won't appease or pretend to agree/support them when I don't, but I can generally put up with differences in how other people think and behave if they're not violating others.

I'd be bored if everyone saw things the same way and nothing was debatable or provocative. Never gonna happen anyway.
I have little patience/tolerance for bad drivers and rude people.
Liars and cheats.

Gossips, particularly those who fabricate when they have nothing.

People who don't mind their own business, those who think your business is their business.
(05-15-2014, 01:09 PM)QueenBee Wrote: I find stupidity and ignorance totally intolerable.

I view ignorance as the lack of knowledge not ability. Ignorance can be overcome; stupid... Now that's a different story. Stupid is like a pile of shit; no matter how you decorate it, it is still a pile of shit!

Lazy... That one has no excuse in my book!
(05-26-2014, 02:50 AM)ChicagoBorn Wrote: Lazy... That one has no excuse in my book!

Lazy . . . like less-than-full effort lazy -or- welfare mom lazy?

Then there's the roll over and go to sleep and you take matters in your own hands lazy . . .

MS will fill you in on the latter.
I find the lack of patience, intolerable. I always pray to God for patience.

God grant me patience, AND I WANT IT NOW! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Rudeness and bad manners. And this may sound snobby, but lack of breeding. I cannot stand people with no class. And you don't have to have money to conduct yourself with class.

And I have no tolerance for people wearing pajama pants in public.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(05-26-2014, 10:44 AM)ramseycat Wrote: And this may sound snobby

I can relate.
I'm finding the sheer lack of INtolerance, from the 'so called' Tolerant people in this country, very intolerable.

That, and everything everyone else said also.
(05-26-2014, 01:08 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I'm finding the sheer lack of INtolerance, from the 'so called' Tolerant people in this country, very intolerable.

(05-18-2014, 09:29 AM)Donovan Wrote: . . . political correctness, otherwise known as social tolerance . . .

PC is a coward's tool or method used to justify stifling dissent.

It's a malingerer's excuse for conformity.

I abhor Stepford behavior or Borg mentality.

Especially when it's the fashion du jour.
^ Bravo
(05-26-2014, 07:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: ^ Bravo

Ditto!
I cannot tolerate those who go out in public dressed like slobs, or with no consideration for how they appear to others. Read that as "you know, the People of Walmart". For Christ's sake, unless you are a vampire, can't you look in a fricking mirror before you leave the house?
OK, take someone like me for example. I am old. And fat. I am not morbidly "My 600 pound life" fat, but I ain't no model either. Lets just say, I have not seen 150 in MANY years, probably never will again. That being said, I would never ever be seen in public in spandex, or two sizes too small clothing, or anything that shows stuff that should never be seen by children or anyone.
I hate people who have no respect for what their clothes say to the public. We went out for lunch the other day. While being far from prudes, we both kind of rolled our eyes at the guy (in his 30's) with the t shirt that said "I'd love to make eye contact, but your tits don't have eyes". Among your peers maybe, but not in a family type restaurant with kids, old people and others who may not laugh at the comment.