Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sadness for Natasha Richardson and family
I hope this announcement is premature.

Here's from a much more reputable source, the BBC. She fell on the beginner slope... now I'm positive I'm never going to try skiing.

Actress critical after ski fall

[Image: _45574131_richardson226b_pa.jpg]
Richardson won a Tony award in 1998 for Cabaret

Natasha Richardson, the actress wife of Liam Neeson, is in a critical condition in a Montreal hospital after a skiing accident, the BBC has learned.

The 45-year-old suffered head injuries at the resort of Mont Tremblant on Monday. Neeson has flown to her side.

She fell on training slopes on Monday and did not immediately show signs of injury but was taken to hospital an hour later after feeling unwell.

Internet rumours of Richardson's death were untrue said a family spokesperson.
The agent for actress Vanessa Redgrave, Richardson's mother, confirmed that Neeson had left the set of his latest film, Chloe, which is shooting in Toronto, to be with his wife.

Vanessa Redgrave is looking after the couple's two children in New York.

'Very distressed'
The couple married in 1994 after appearing in the film Nell, and have two sons.
A member of Richardson's family, who spoke to the BBC but has asked not to be named, said the whole family was "very distressed" by the incident.

The statement from the Mont Tremblant resort in Canada said the actress "fell in a beginners' trail while taking a ski lesson".

"She was accompanied by an experienced ski instructor who immediately called the ski patrol," it continued.

"She did not show any visible sign of injury but the ski patrol followed strict procedures and brought her back to the bottom of the slope and insisted she should see a doctor."

The actress was later taken to the nearby Centre Hospitalier Laurentien before being transferred to the larger Hopital du Sacre-Coeur.

A spokesperson for the hospital in Montreal could not confirm whether the actress was still there on Tuesday morning, but suggested her family might make a statement on Wednesday.

Part of the Redgrave acting dynasty, Richardson is the daughter of Vanessa Redgrave and director Tony Richardson, and the sister of Nip/Tuck star Joely Richardson.

She has starred in a number of Hollywood films and acted opposite an 11-year-old Lindsay Lohan in 1998's The Parent Trap.

But she is better known for her work on the stage, winning a Tony award in 1998 for her starring role in Sam Mendes' Broadway production of Cabaret.

LMPY: Here's from a much more reputable source, the BBC. She fell on the beginner slope... now I'm positive I'm never going to try skiing.

that's a shame, you live near some of the best skiing in the US.

i hope she'll recover. this could happen to beginner or expert.

I had a horrible idea she had smashed into a tree like Sonny Bono had. Hopefully she fully recovers from this... and how fucking irresponsible of that first news organization to announce "RIP" like that.
not sounding good. it's hard to know what outlet to believe.

Tony-award winning actress Natasha Richardson's condition has deteriorated following a skiing accident on a beginner's trail at the Mont Tremblant ski resort in Quebec, Canada, according to multiple reports.[/b]
The New York Post, citing sources close to Richardson, reported that she was brain dead. TMZ.com said the 45-year-old actress had experienced severe brain swelling.
Richardson, who is married to actor Liam Neeson, was first reported in serious condition with a head injury by Irishcentral.com.

I used to go on organised ski trips to France with my high school, until that is I saw someone go bumping and rolling down the piste like a stone skipping on the surface of the water.
Then it was a case of, thanks but no thanks, too dangerous.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
most serious ski injuries and deaths are due to people skiing out of control, way above their ability and skill level. it's usually young guys with something to prove. they think they need to ski the steep and deep expert trails when they are simply not ready.

This is turning into a real cluster fuck. If she's still alive and recovers, they've got a lot of people they can sue for this shit.
Quote:HOLLYWOOD, Calif.

--

As the status of actress Natasha Richardson⿿s condition following a ski accident on Monday in Canada remains unconfirmed, several media outlets remain conflicted on how to report this breaking news situation.

The relatively unknown Web site IrishCentral.com was the first to report the news of her accident on Monday.

Later Monday evening, a rep for the film ⿿Chloe,⿝ which was being shot by Richardson⿿s husband, Liam Neeson, in Toronto, confirmed to Canadian Televsion that, in fact, Liam had left the set to be with his wife.

At around 1 PM ET Tuesday morning, Time Out New York published an article saying Richardson was dead, with the headline ⿿RIP Natasha Richardson 1963 ⿿ 2009.⿝ The story then got considerably more pick-up when popular gossip blog Perez Hilton picked up TONY⿿s report.

TONY⿿s site then crashed from the traffic to their story. When the site ended up back online, they said that they were, in fact, incorrect, and that Richardson was not dead, but rather ⿿brain dead.⿝

⿿Time Out New York sincerely apologizes for the confusion,⿝ they wrote. ⿿We stand by our sources, and our friend of the family first confirmed ⿿dead⿿ and then called back to say ⿿brain dead.⿿ We find the situation incredibly tragic and obviously wish to only report the facts. We stand by our new statement that she is brain dead and not expected to survive. Unfortunately, the article was not taken down ⿿ our website crashed from traffic. Time Out New York regrets the error.⿝

Perez Hilton then posted a story based on TONY⿿s correction.

At 1:19 PM ET the New York Post⿿s Broadway columnist Michael Riedel corroborated TONY⿿s story that Richardson is, in fact, brain dead.

Late Tuesday afternoon, OK! sent out a press release reporting that Richardson has been taken off of life support and is now dead. OK! posted this story to their Web site, and then later removed it.

At Access Hollywood, we have not yet been able to confirm, at the time of publication of this article, the status of Natasha Richardson⿿s condition.

Richardson⿿s family is expected to release a statement on Wednesday, a spokesperson for the the Sacre-Coeur Hospital in Montreal told Canada⿿s CBC.

We have reached out to both her publicist, and Liam Neeson⿿s publicist; neither of who have any status updates as to how the family is doing.

Access will continue to keep you posted on the status of this story.
who cares about this chick. i know i don't
She dead yet?
Fry Guy Wrote:She dead yet?

good call Fry Guy - wonder if anyone had her in the Dead Pool games people play.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I used to go on organised ski trips to France with my high school, until that is I saw someone go bumping and rolling down the piste like a stone skipping on the surface of the water.

I'm with you on that one OP.

I tried learning to ski ONCE. Took lessons spent the whole day on the 'baby' slope too. Kept falling.

Learning to ski is much harder when you already know how and regularly ride horses. To balance on the horse you keep your heels down, to go faster on skiis, you push your heels down.

I just couldn't break that heel down habit.

So, while trying to revert what is natural now to me, falling was just like you described..... totally out of control.

I would rather be on a runaway horse - at least I can control where he goes.
The Antagonist Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I used to go on organised ski trips to France with my high school, until that is I saw someone go bumping and rolling down the piste like a stone skipping on the surface of the water.

I'm with you on that one OP.

I tried learning to ski ONCE. Took lessons spent the whole day on the 'baby' slope too. Kept falling.

Learning to ski is much harder when you already know how and regularly ride horses. To balance on the horse you keep your heels down, to go faster on skiis, you push your heels down.

I just couldn't break that heel down habit.

So, while trying to revert what is natural now to me, falling was just like you described..... totally out of control.

I would rather be on a runaway horse - at least I can control where he goes.
Yikes... well, add me to the list of people who doesn't plan to try skiing.
[Image: t1home.natasha.richardson.gi.jpg]

updated 5 minutes ago
Natasha Richardson dies after ski fall
Natasha Richardson, a film star, Tony-winning stage actress and a member of the famed Redgrave acting family, has died. She was 45. Richardson died after suffering injuries in a fall on a ski slope at a Quebec resort about 80 miles northwest of Montreal. She was talking and joking after the fall, resort officials said. But she was later taken to a hospital for treatment. developing story

wear your fucking helmet and maybe this would not have happened ...maybe
Liquid Wrote:wear your fucking helmet and maybe this would not have happened ...maybe
Yes, the helmet is known to help a person maintain balance on slippery snowy slopes and prevent them from falling. Helmets save lives all the time. ::rollseyes::

Stupidest comment you've made in days, and that's saying something, braindead. 85
Sinister Wrote:
Liquid Wrote:wear your fucking helmet and maybe this would not have happened ...maybe
Yes, the helmet is known to help a person maintain balance on slippery snowy slopes and prevent them from falling. Helmets save lives all the time. ::rollseyes::

Stupidest comment you've made in days, and that's saying something, braindead. 85
Could he be anymore insensitive?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
ramseycat Wrote:
Sinister Wrote:

I'm insensitive; that's just plain stupid.
Sinister Wrote:
ramseycat Wrote:
Sinister Wrote:

I'm insensitive; that's just plain stupid.
I bet you at least feel a little bad for her family.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
ramseycat Wrote:I bet you at least feel a little bad for her family.
Meh. Honestly? Not really. I told you I'm insensitive; but I'm not an ignorant retard as Liquid has shown so profoundly and succinctly with his comment.