Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I think my dog is broken
My boy Nova eats shit,  literally eats his own shit, and sometimes Paisleys.   He also licks Paisley's ass and randomly chews Paisley's ears. He eats dirt, chews on rocks, licks cabinets and tries to shove his nose in my crotch every time I wear a nightgown  (I wear pajama pants these days,  cause that nose is fucking cold) 

We've had him since he was 5 weeks old,   he's 3 years now.   We've tried everything the vet suggested,  from doggy vitamins to the stuff that makes their poop taste bad, and so far he's been stubborn. 

Other than that, he's a really good boy.  The kids and grandbrats can maul him.   He's never chewed on shoes or furniture,  he can catch a ball in mid air, and loves playing fetch.  

I really wish that he would stop eating shit,  that grosses me out to no end.  I almost gave him back to the rescue because of it.
I hate that.
I hadn't experienced that until I pet sat a golden retriever puppy. They told me to clean the shit up right away and also gave him some canned green beans on top of his food.
I wonder if he ever out grew it.
Sorry your doggy is eating shit.

One of my Beagles liked to eat cat poop. *heaves* I talked to her vet about it and he said it shouldn't be a concern unless she started eating her own.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-11-2020, 05:07 AM)Duchess Wrote: One of my Beagles liked to eat cat poop. *heaves* I talked to her vet about it and he said it shouldn't be a concern unless she started eating her own.
Got to show those uppity cats who is the boss.
I could not watch a dog eat's it's own shit. i would puke, then the dog would eat that. Yuk.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Dogs are gross. Mine doesnt eat shit, but she has to sniff every damn pile we come across on a walk. She also likes to eat dirt and chew on rocks. Everytime she goes outside she comes back in with a rock in her mouth. Then when I ask her what's in her mouth she clamps it shut and pretends like nothing is in there.
(03-10-2020, 11:32 PM)MirahM Wrote: I hate that.
I hadn't experienced that until I pet sat a golden retriever puppy. They told me to clean the shit up right away and also gave him some canned green beans on top of his food.
I wonder if he ever out grew it.
Sorry your doggy is eating shit.

I generally try to pick their shit up right away, but we have a huge fenced in area for them,  and I don't always stay outside to watch where they poop.    :( 

Did the people you were sitting for give a reason for the green beans?   Our vet said to put a scoop of canned pumpkin on the dogs food,   it's supposed to give them extra vitamins or something like that.    We tried the pumpkin for a couple of months,   but the shithead still tried to eat his poop the whole time.
You need to put something in its food that makes the turds taste worse than they already are. If that's even possible.
our dog won't sniff other dogs stuff when we go on a walk but she will find her own to pee next to it
That is what the green beans were for-to make it not taste good.

Maybe put the green beans on his poop along with some carrots and parsley.
pepperspray it
Asparagus really makes my piss smell awful. But I love that stuff w/cheese.
your piss
Ahahahahaha! Oh God. *face palm*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Put a shock collar on him and everytime he goes to eat his poop zap that little sonofabitch.
(03-11-2020, 05:41 PM)sally Wrote: Put a shock collar on him and everytime he goes to eat his poop zap that little sonofabitch.

Now that's something I haven't tried yet.
(03-11-2020, 05:56 PM)cannongal Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 05:41 PM)sally Wrote: Put a shock collar on him and everytime he goes to eat his poop zap that little sonofabitch.

Now that's something I haven't tried yet.
Well I was kind of joking. The poor nasty little guy. Maybe try one of those e-collars first that emits a high pitch sound that they dont like, I know people use them to get their dog to stop pulling on the leash.
Those shock collars work really good with kids too.
I should have put a shock collar on my step daughter.