Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOO SMART?
Sounds like an oxymoron, right? I just saw a car start with a digital key, it was on the person's phone. It unlocked the car and started it. There are young people out in the real world who can't make change without the help of a calculator and there are some who don't know how to dial a number on a rotary phone. I like utilizing technology, so this isn't a slam against it at all, but it isn't helping some people to be smarter, they don't have to be. Is it making people lazy both intellectually & physically?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I thought that 10 yrs ago. people are so dependent on automation that they are quite helpless really. Its so bad that some people cannot talk face to face anymore.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I have a 2006 car, I doubt I could operate a brand new one.

Why would you want a digital car key on your phone? So many things could go wrong like the battery dying or the phone gets lost or stolen.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
(10-16-2020, 12:21 PM)Duchess Wrote: Sounds like an oxymoron, right? I just saw a car start with a digital key, it was on the person's phone. It unlocked the car and started it. There are young people out in the real world who can't make change without the help of a calculator and there are some who don't know how to dial a number on a rotary phone. I like utilizing technology, so this isn't a slam against it at all, but it isn't helping some people to be smarter, they don't have to be. Is it making people lazy both intellectually & physically?

I remember back in the days when cars had "two" keys"! 

Times have certainly changed!!

Some things for the better, some not so much!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I have the opposite problem, all this new shit comes with a book you have to read. I'm too lazy for that. I'm getting ready to get rid of my 2012 vehicle and buy a new one and I still dont know how half the shit works in the old one.
I just have to have the key in my pocket and my car starts, also knows if i'm by the trunk and it automatically opens.
I just have to have my key fob in my handbag, I haven't used a key in an ignition in long time now. My trunk doesn't automatically open like Mr. Fancy Pants Mark's does tho.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It does make for a quick push, get in thing.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-16-2020, 06:48 PM)Duchess Wrote: I just have to have my key fob in my handbag, I haven't used a key in an ignition in long time now. My trunk doesn't automatically open like Mr. Fancy Pants Mark's does tho.
That's the one thing I don't miss about my Elantra. Everytime I put my keys in my pocket, it would pop open my trunk. I dont miss running out of a restaurant or bar everytime some said" there's a blue car outside with the trunk open."
And I have gone backwards in time-my key fob broke and I haven't gotten it fixed so I actually use my key to open my car door now. It doesn't bother me. If I lived in the city tho, I would not like it.

I like seeing the new technology. It doesn't bother me.