Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brainwashed
Sorry if I already posted this somewhere else. 

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/cbc-podcasts/440-brainwashed

Brainwashed investigates the CIA’s covert mind control experiments – from the Cold War and MKULTRA to the so-called War on Terror. It’s the story of how a renowned psychiatrist used his unwitting patients as human guinea pigs at a Montreal hospital, and the ripple effects on survivors, their families, and thousands of other people around the world. It also examines the cultural impact — how the CIA brought LSD to America and inadvertently created counterculture influencers such as author Ken Kesey and poet Allen Ginsberg. It’s an exploration of what happens in times of fear, when the military and medicine collide. And what happens when the survivors fight back.

Have you seen this movie? It reminds me a lot of what you just wrote. The CIA has a lot to answer for.

Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
I haven't. I will check it out. Thanks.
Have you seen Changling?
It isn't as deep a story, but still a story about how the town cops tried to pass one over on the lady who lost her son. And then they learn about this guy killing all of these kids. It is terrible.

No, that sounds a bit grim for me. I'll look for it.
I think Seattle is the result.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Say more.

And Portland is the poop. .......The shitz.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I see

Eye see.
Even tho I live on the other side of the state now I am still very fond of Seattle and Portland. My family lives in these states. For some reason I take it very personally that you just called it shit.
Did you even listen to the series i posted? The Alan Memorial institute in Montreal-there was a doctor there that basically tortured people. One man went there for pain in his face and he got shock treatment.

So what I hear you saying is that the patients from that hospital ended up in Seattle. I mean that isn't even the truth. And anyway, what happened to these people is really sad.

I think Maggot's biased about the west coast. I doubt he has anything good to say about California either.
Mirah, watch this documentary -- which is the most important and well-researched documentary I know of -- and I'll be happy to discuss this subject in depth. No excuses about it's length, please, as I have watched it 4 times straight through, because it's that good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQucESRF3Sg
Maybe I will check it out in January. My brain is full until then. But if a space frees up I'll be sure to let you know.

(12-03-2020, 02:02 AM)Rootilda Wrote: I think Maggot's biased about the west coast. 

HotD told him the same thing.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I hope her and the fam avoided covid.
I do too. I hope all is well with her and everyone she cares about.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Why thank you.