Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't get through to anyone.
Every place I call is experiencing a high call volume even more so than usual. They say to leave your number, but none of them have gotten back to me. My doctors office, my daughters virtual school, the dogs boarding and groomer, my bank, my auto insurance,the warranty department for my coffee maker for fucks sake. What, is everyone experiencing problems with their coffee maker now too. It's about to drive me mad.
Ugh. I'm imagining the frustration.

A lot of places are short on staff these days and that probably plays a role in this.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Good God, why are people not working all of the sudden? It took my ENT doctor a week to get back to me, maybe all his staff quit too.
You should be in my state at the moment, most people are locked down tighter than an Amish girls asshole. Most services just go to a recorded message telling you it will be an extraordinary long wait if they get back to you at all.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(08-27-2021, 12:28 PM)sally Wrote: Good God, why are people not working all of the sudden? 

It's not safe to be around others right now & not all jobs can be performed from home. You & I are privileged, we can accomplish much of our work from our home office. We control who has access to us, but many others don't have that luxury and it's really affecting the workforce out there.
This is a mess. How are you supposed to get anything done when no one will answer their phone. If the virtual school doesn't call me back by Monday I'm going to have to take my daughter to regular school before I get in trouble.
(08-27-2021, 12:34 PM)crash Wrote: You should be in my state at the moment, most people are locked down tighter than an Amish girls asshole. Most services just go to a recorded message telling you it will be an extraordinary long wait if they get back to you at all.

(08-27-2021, 01:32 PM)sally Wrote: This is a mess. How are you supposed to get anything done when no one will answer their phone. If the virtual school doesn't call me back by Monday I'm going to have to take my daughter to regular school before I get in trouble.

If it's like the DMV Title Bureau we are answering the phones, but we were in  lockdown for 3 months so we have 3 months of backlogged paperwork and emails to catch up on. And we do the paperwork, emails, and phone calls in the order they were received, so sorry we wouldn't be answering your email within 5 days and you won't get your title for 3 months or more depending on when you sent it in. Oh and we are short staffed too, but I doubt even with them attempting to hire more people and offering overtime, we will ever catch up. So good luck and have a great day at the DMV. hah Blowing-kisses

(Extra funny because I'm posting this while playing hooky from work with a bad case of the Friday Flu)
(08-27-2021, 01:32 PM)sally Wrote: This is a mess. How are you supposed to get anything done when no one will answer their phone. If the virtual school doesn't call me back by Monday I'm going to have to take my daughter to regular school before I get in trouble.

home school
People are locked down as tight as a frogs ass, and that's watertight. I think it will get worse. My company doesn't use those message things. Customers expect a human voice and that's what they get. If they get abusive they get put on hold. Nice guys finish first.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Maybe everyone is dead.

I doubt everyone at the DeLonghi coffee maker warranty department is dead. High volume of calls my ass. They've had a high volume of calls for the past month like they're the social security administration or something. My warranty will be over by the time I get a hold of those fucking weiners.
(08-27-2021, 11:27 PM)sally Wrote: I doubt everyone at the DeLonghi coffee maker warranty department is dead. High volume of calls my ass. They've had a high volume of calls for the past month like they're the social security administration or something. My warranty will be over by the time I get a hold of those fucking weiners.

Have you tried their website? They might have an automated system for support.
Nowdays one gets a quicker reaction by posting about something on social media.

It worked for me when I was trying to get a hold of a manager at a Uhaul. I posted something about it on Twitter and the response was almost immediate.

That is fucked up.
It's the new normal.
That seems like a lot of work just to get your underwear back.
It does.
The tourist town I live in is going through a shortage of workers, just like the rest of the country. But there is also a shortage of patience from some of the tourists who come over here from the west side. They want everything instantly and think they should not have to wait. One of the local business owners wrote a huge rant on FB about how rude some people are getting and she told people to have a back up plan, bring crackers for your kids. She said her restaurant cannot support the whole valley and its true.
With the online ordering you might go into a place and find a huge line AND a huge back order of online orders that are taking over 2 hours to fill. Why are people even waiting that long-that is insane.
The local chilis closed because of no food, tried to buy a new cell phone on the verizon website and most were out of stock. Everyone is going cuckoo at a time they need kumbaya.
There was a couple wild instances at the Taco Bell in town. One night the few employees there walked out. They just couldn't do it by themselves and the boss was no where to be found. Another time, apparently there was only one worker and he left a sign on the door & drive thru saying he's be back in a few he had to take a shit.