Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuna fishing
I almost forgot. Next Friday I'm going fishing out of Ipswich Mass. Tuna fishing. A Charter boat with 8 other people. The big question was if we wanted big Tuna or smaller Tuna around 100lbs. We all went for the smaller Tuna. If they are not biting on the Mackerel bait we will switch to Cod or Halibut. A 10 hr cruise that we need to leave at 3am friday . It was only 55.00 and I'm bringing a cooler filled with food. beer and stuff. it will be cold so my raincoat, rubber boots and heavy coat will be needed. Also my reel and tackle box for the sea.  It's not a super large boat but it's been out quite a bit. Enough to know the waves.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
$55? That would get you nothing here.
What a deal!
Will you take any pictures?
It was cold on the boat today and uplake. Luckily I can get warm by being inside, but I still had my down jacket. Will that boat have an inside cabin you can warm up in?

I know, its cheap. All boats going out have a cabin. They are even supplying the Mackerel bait. It's a business deal kinda with them supplying the poles but I will bring my own anyways. Yeah I'm not sure how the weather will be but will have warm clothes and a slicker with rubber boots on. Yes I will bring a camera.
i bet you have a nice tuna.
Sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

I love tuna tataki and poke.
(09-30-2021, 09:25 AM)sally Wrote: I love tuna tataki and poke.

your asking for it; Big Fat mark is going to let you have it. I can hear it now - poking your tuna taco.
I already knew that before I typed it.
(09-30-2021, 01:13 PM)sally Wrote: I already knew that before I typed it.

so are you encouraging bawdy responses from us to satisfy some need missing during your marital dilemmas?
I sure hope so.
(09-30-2021, 04:04 PM)pyropappy Wrote:

so are you encouraging bawdy responses from us to satisfy some need missing during your marital dilemmas?

No, I really do like tuna tataki and poke. Maggot isn't a foodie so if he catches a shit load of tuna I don't know what he's going to do with it all other than throw it on the grill and cook the shit out of it.
(09-30-2021, 05:22 PM)sally Wrote:

No, I really do like tuna tataki and poke. Maggot isn't a foodie so if he catches a shit load of tuna I don't know what he's going to do with it all other than throw it on the grill and cook the shit out of it.

damn, what a buzz kill
I've never gone Tuna fishing. But I'm sure that in the 10 hrs of fishing I will get a chance to talk about it. Cleaning, cooking, freezing all kinds of stuff. We will be using Mackerel for bait and if it doesn't pan out we will switch to Haddock and Cod. 

A layabout all day is called a Bum but put them on a boat and they become a fisherman.
(09-30-2021, 05:46 PM)pyropappy Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 05:22 PM)sally Wrote:

damn, what a buzz kill

Just thinking about Sallys cooking brings euphoria. If you can't get that out of her food posts then you are the buzz kill!
(09-30-2021, 07:17 PM)Maggot Wrote: I've never gone Tuna fishing. But I'm sure that in the 10 hrs of fishing I will get a chance to talk about it. Cleaning, cooking, freezing all kinds of stuff. We will be using Mackerel for bait and if it doesn't pan out we will switch to Haddock and Cod. 

A layabout all day is called a Bum but put them on a boat and they become a fisherman.

You can do lots of things with fresh tuna including cooking it well done and making a salad with it, but typically it is best served raw or at least medium rare. If you're not into rare fish then you might just want to go with the haddock and cod instead.
Now I'm hungry for salmon.
(09-30-2021, 08:57 PM)MirahM Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 05:46 PM)pyropappy Wrote: damn, what a buzz kill

Just thinking about Sallys cooking brings euphoria. If you can't get that out of her food posts then you are the buzz kill!

are you serious Karen? I guess you believe the old adage: the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

WRONG!

the quickest way to a man's heart is through mind blowing orgasmic sex. I'll make a sandwich when I quit sweating and catch my breath; done properly, the lady shouldn't be able to walk for some time afterward.
"the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach". I've always known that was bullshit. No one, and I mean no one, would ever come back for more of my cooking.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
hah hah