Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supermarkets
Be very careful of what you buy today. Much of the meat is past due or about to be. Many of the things labeled as "fresh produce" is second hand. Stores are having a tough time stocking the shelves and are selling second rate produce and stock items to keep the shelves full. 

Just watch the expiration dates and sell by dates. If they sell 100 and only have 2 problems they are still getting ahead. This may get worse. Stores are doing what they can to be alive and kicking at the expense of the customers.

Fast food places are even worse, you don't even see what they are doing. Their supply is dwindling also. Even more so.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-28-2021, 08:53 PM)Maggot Wrote: Be very careful of what you buy today. Much of the meat is past due or about to be. Many of the things labeled as "fresh produce" is second hand. Stores are having a tough time stocking the shelves and are selling second rate produce and stock items to keep the shelves full. 

Just watch the expiration dates and sell by dates. If they sell 100 and only have 2 problems they are still getting ahead. This may get worse. Stores are doing what they can to be alive and kicking at the expense of the customers.

Fast food places are even worse, you don't even see what they are doing. Their supply is dwindling also. Even more so.

What's really fucked up is that these "shortages" and supply chain issues are all part of "build back better". And it's just going to keep getting worse until enough of us realize that we have to stand up and put a stop to it. We're not going to be voting our way out of this mess.
(10-28-2021, 08:53 PM)Maggot Wrote: Be very careful of what you buy today. Much of the meat is past due or about to be. Many of the things labeled as "fresh produce" is second hand. Stores are having a tough time stocking the shelves and are selling second rate produce and stock items to keep the shelves full. 

Nothing like that is happening here and generally speaking, unless one is a complete 'tard people know when they are looking at old produce.  hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Dbl check the chicken expiration dates that's where the Professor started seeing the problem.
I believe the Professor had that experience, not questioning that at all. 

I have a vague memory of a supermarket bleaching their meat or some shit like that. It's fricken revolting, and I believe markets would try to pass off their old crap to unsuspecting customers.
They do it with some vegetables and fruits as well. They flash freeze them or something so they look good on the outside and are crap on the inside.
I was just putting out the warning as it's happening more often now.
Florida's main grocery store is Publix which is more expensive than the others so they can't get away with too much crap.
I had an apple right off the tree today and got a dozen eggs from my boss's farm.
(10-29-2021, 07:41 PM)MirahM Wrote: I had an apple right off the tree today and got a dozen eggs from my boss's farm.

I'm all for local grub. A few years ago I was in a co-op that every week had, eggs, milk and produce from lots of people around me. It was great! I should get back into it, considering the coming calamity. I'm a bit wary of the large market chains.
Yes.
After I tasted cantelope right off the vine I could never buy another one from the store again. Same with watermelon
(10-29-2021, 06:39 AM)Maggot Wrote: Dbl check the chicken expiration dates that's where the Professor started seeing the problem.

All expiration dates need to be checked!
Our supermarket here, has a BOGO free sale going on for a week, started yesterday on Thomas English muffins, and Sell by date was 10-29-21.
Then $5 carton of Bryers Ice cream was on sale for $3, and and sell by date was 10-30-21.
Those dates can still acceptable if you have a 10 member family, and the product will be used up within a day or so. But for a family of 2, 3, or even 4, not good at all!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Meat on sale goes into instapot same day.
Also Florida's ports are functioning while the rest of the countrie's are clogged up so our supply chain isn't hurting as much. Oh, and we now have the lowest covid cases without any restrictions, but people still love to hate on Florida. Just stay the fuck away from us please.
Nobody has ever said Democrats have any type of firm grip on reality.
Any empty shelves bitches? No fricken solo cups today.
Yeah, saw empty energy drinks shelves, Boars Head low sodium ham out of stock, Batampte deli mustard
(Our favorite) out of stock for 3 months now.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I noticed energy drinks as well. And cream cheese.
(04-12-2022, 10:39 PM)Carsman Wrote: Yeah, saw empty energy drinks shelves, Boars Head low sodium ham out of stock, Batampte deli mustard
(Our favorite) out of stock for 3 months now.

Have you tried the boars head bourbon ridge ham? That's a really good one and it's nitrate free. And I haven't tried Batampe mustard, but if you haven't tried Lowenseff mustard then you can find it in the ethnic section. It's a hot mustard though.
(04-12-2022, 10:58 PM)sally Wrote:  And cream cheese.

I like the Philly whipped cream cheese, but the price is now more than $6.00. I'm not paying that for that itty bitty tub, I'll go without.