DO YOU REMEMBER...
[Image: FDX9cCVWQAMVoRG?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
In 1956 those machines would give you change back in a penny. You bought a pack of butts for 49 cents and they gave you back a penny. Many of the pennies were the 1955 dbl die. That are now today worth over 1200.00
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Just for kicks and a laugh..........

Its bad enough that I had to watch Gun smoke at my moms house today! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

(11-04-2021, 04:29 PM)Duchess Wrote: [Image: FDX9cCVWQAMVoRG?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Yep, many establishments had them on display as soon as you walked into their place. Never smoked personally, so I know of them, but never used them.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

The bars had them back in the day and that's how us kids would have easy access to them. No one was paying attention. Sometimes we'd steal my dad's, but he smoked Camel non-filters and they were harsh. He ended up getting long cancer, but it wasn't the type from smoking. He worked in an asbestos factory when he was a teenager.
I don't know what year that ^^^^^^ picture was taken, but the following one is from this week in New Orleans. Check out the difference in pricing.

[Image: FDXyvpTWYAQ4aNe?format=jpg&name=large]
Thats 50 cents per cig! wow!
Truly your money going up in smoke! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Lining the pockets of corporate giants!
I was a drinker/smoker nicotine is a pretty awesome drug and dovetails well with alcohol.
Drinking and smoking goes very well together and works particularly well when you're sick with the flu or whatever. Down in the dumps, have a smoke and a drink or 20 and just relax.
I quit drinking and then picked up smoking, but eventually gave it up. Occasionally I will have one with my neighbor.
Do y'all remember these?

[Image: FUXVEIdX0AEw70z?format=jpg&name=medium]
I still have those.
I buy them once in a while. I like the pink and blue.
Those were so good.

We used to also make our own-just pour our kool aid into a freezer safe container and then we would sit and crush it all afternoon after school w/ a fork.
Wierd memory.

(06-04-2022, 10:24 AM)Duchess Wrote: Do y'all remember these?

[Image: FUXVEIdX0AEw70z?format=jpg&name=medium]

Yes. The orange one was the best.
When's the last time y'all saw this is in a car? 

[Image: FVUiz5_WAAA_4FP?format=jpg&name=medium]