Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Your Youngest Memories Reveal About You
Do you remember the best moments, or the worst?

I read, Research has indicated that most people’s earliest memories, on average, date back to when they were 3-1/2 years old,  many starting around 6. Researchers agree that few experiences before age 6 become lifelong memories.

Early memories vary widely in content: Playing activities, injuries, and transitions (such as moving or changing schools) can all become events remembered into adulthood

Why certain experiences are remembered for a lifetime, while so many more are not, is unclear.
Many childhood memories recalled by adults are often of emotional event.
A Special Birthday, serious sickness, or even a Broken arm, can be remembered.

The childhood memories we choose to hold on to reveal aspects of what we consider important, and who we are.  The memories-as-processed are integrated into the evolving, dynamic person of the individual who retains and interprets life’s happenings.

We didn’t get to choose the childhood we were given, but we can choose what to do with the events of our childhood memories.

SO WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR EARLIEST MEMORIES AS A CHILD?
WERE THEY GOOD OR BAD?

Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

All good. I remember finding a 50 cent coin in the driveway. It almost filled my entire hand, but I had small hands then.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I was 1 or 2 years old. it was summer and we were at Gwyn Oak Amusement Park. Mom was holding me in her arms as we waited in line to get food. I was stung by a yellow jacket on my lip. I remember the food stand giving mom an ice cube in a napkin to hold on my lip to kill the pain.

Next one I was 4 or 5, went to the hospital to have my tonsils taken out. I remember getting a bath the night before from an older black lady; the next thing I remember was waking up in my crib and seeing my parents sitting next to me.
I was around two years old and I went in the bathroom, put toothpaste on a pink Bic razor apparently thinking it was a tooth brush and then proceeded to brush my teeth. I did a real number on my gums and remember running out in the living room screaming with blood pouring out of my mouth. So I guess my first memory was being a fucking moron.
And my first words were from a 70s Toyota commercial. "You asked for it, you got it, Toyota!" Real piece of work I was.
Don't remember anything from when I was real young.

I remember when I was about 5 or 6,  I got a bike for my birthday.  It was beautiful, red, shiny chrome wheel covers, colored steamers coming out of the handle bars caps, mirror, shiny white seat, training wheels, I loved it.

The only thing wrong with it was I was 5 years too young for it! It was a " 20" 2 wheeler, I could never have reached the peddles for years to come! My folks wanted to get their money's worth, and wanted it to last me for years, but it would have been years before I could reach the peddles! So it had to go back & then they got me a 10" two wheeler. (With training wheels)

Then when I was going on around 7, at Easter time my mom bought me an Overcoat that was 2 or 3 sizes too big for me.
Again, they wanted to get their money's worth, and for it to last me for years.
As it turned out on Easter Sunday, we came home from church, and I was climbing up the front steps going into our house, and my foot got caught in the oversize coat's bottom hem, and I fell against and smashed the glass storm door, and I got a gash on my wrist.
It was a deep gash, I needed stitches so we had to go to our family doc and I got 4 or 5 stitches, "with NO anesthesia! My folks were happy that came in to his office to stitch me up on Easter Sunday.
It hurt like hell!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I remember when I was about 8 years old being told by my oldest brother Jim that there was no Santa Claus....my life went downhill from there for the next 30+ years and only really started improving in the last 6 years or so. Plus Ricky Schroeder fucked me up by dressing as a girl on that episode of Silver Spoons.*

*I'm only sort of kidding. I'm sure I've had some happy childhood memories but beer, weed, anxiety, and overprotective parents have made me forget about them for the time being.
My earliest memory would have to be-being in the hospital with slippers on my hands (I put them there apparently) and I also remember trying to crawl out of the crib. I was younger than 5.
Cars and Sally and Pyro your stories gave me shivers and pain just thinking about them.
(11-15-2021, 01:06 AM)MirahM Wrote: Cars and Sally and Pyro your stories gave me shivers and pain just thinking about them.

I remember the bee sting hurting like hell, but I don't remember being in any pain when I woke up in the hospital.