Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOKE
I am watching Woke on Hulu. And I think people here would like it. It isn't what you think. Check it out.
[Image: 272112344_10227590256928016_115516256398...e=61F0FCE2]
Keef Knight, creator of Toast & Butter, is a black cartoonist on the verge of mainstream success. He prides himself on 'keeping it light' and shies away from taking controversial stances. After being racially profiled by overly aggressive policemen, the traumatized Keef finds that he's able to see and hear inanimate objects talking to him. Now more sensitive to racism, and the everyday microaggressions he'd tried so hard to avoid acknowledging in every situation, Keef must figure out how to maintain his relationships and a career as a 'woke' black man.

The show is live action with animated elements.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
If I ever find myself needing to vomit I'll watch that show.
I was hoping people might give it a try.

The artist, a black man, draws breakfast foods and its light hearted and fun. Then he is going to have an opening night where he is going to go mainstream etc etc
While he is handing out flyers he meets someone who says, "Wow, I love the message in your comics, they are great! So woke!" And he reacts by saying "no way!" "My stuff is just for fun, there is no message"

The series is a tongue in cheek about the whole movement, but also a personal story of the artist.
Alright, I'll take a peek tomorrow, Mirah. It better be good!
You will appreciate it