Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add this to the list of "Shot by cops"
Amir Locke was sound asleep on the couch when the police did a no-knock entry into the apartment. Amir was not on the warrant or the one they were looking for. He had a gun, which is his right, and it was right next to him as he slept. The cops shot him dead.

Minnesota.

He was 22.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Lots of examples of cops doing good things, great things.

This was not one of them.
The system that allowed them to do a no-knock warrant was not one of them.
The system that tried to cover it up after is not one of them.

Amir Locke had family with backgrounds in law enforcement and military.

This should not have happened. Period.
(02-05-2022, 05:04 PM)MirahM Wrote: Amir Locke was sound asleep on the couch when the police did a no-knock entry into the apartment. Amir was not on the warrant or the one they were looking for. He had a gun, which is his right, and it was right next to him as he slept. The cops shot him dead.

Minnesota.

He was 22.

It happened in seconds, 9 to be exact.

When one is awoken from a sound sleep in such a dramatic fashion it takes seconds to get your bearings. Amir didn't deserve to die like that. 

The county medical examiner released a statement saying Amir died of multiple gunshot wounds and his manner of death is a homicide. 
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My only issue is that the media will take that example and drag it everywhere constantly hounding the narrative yet when cops are ambushed or killed protecting people or taking down a violent criminal the media says nothing but will take that example and beat it until its pulp.

No wonder there is an element in society that wants to do away with cops. Until the media pays as much attention to the cops getting killed and the cops doing good things common people will only see the police as cold hearted killers. 

Then you have emotional black Americans that riot.
Do you want me to change the title? Would that help?

Is it difficult for you to say "This guy should not be dead" "This was a tragedy"?

At this point I don't care what the media does-because the media is not who I am mad at. I am mad at the system that allowed this to happen.
I read that they weren't supposed to be doing "No-Knock" entries anymore-why was it done?

Focus on what the real issue is-not all of the noise outside. Just try.

I get it, I know you don't want a huge shit storm-it hasn't happened yet-I mean this is a pretty clear cut case of "Oh Shit, this didn't go right"

I get it, you don't want to see rioting.
It hasn't happened yet.

Just for a second put yourself in this young man's parent's shoes and feel the grief that they are feeling-not the uncomforatableness that you are feeling.
it is a tragedy, poor dude did not deserve that.
Who was it that thought no-knock warrants are a good idea?
(02-06-2022, 02:35 AM)rothschild Wrote: Who was it that thought no-knock warrants are a good idea?

Trump and his MAGA cult?
It's my hope that given the medical examiner has ruled Amir's death to be a homicide that there will be some justice in this case. I look forward to seeing officers charged and this moving forward in the court/s.

You can bet your ass that since the ME has ruled this a homicide that every officer involved has given the Derek Chauvin case AND conviction, more than a passing thought.
(02-06-2022, 08:17 AM)Duchess Wrote: It's my hope that given the medical examiner has ruled Amir's death to be a homicide that there will be some justice in this case. I look forward to seeing officers charged and this moving forward in the court/s.

You can bet your ass that since the ME has ruled this a homicide that every officer involved has given the Derek Chauvin case AND conviction, more than a passing thought.

Have the cops involved in the shooting given statements?
(02-06-2022, 08:32 AM)rothschild Wrote: Have the cops involved in the shooting given statements?

Not that I've been able to find, but their police union has. It was the typical response they we've come to expect in regards to reserving judgement & waiting for a complete investigation and it was said before the bodycam footage had been released which showed Amir was not pointing the gun at officers as had been stated by the chief of police.
(02-06-2022, 10:14 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 08:32 AM)rothschild Wrote: Have the cops involved in the shooting given statements?

Not that I've been able to find, but their police union has. It was the typical response they we've come to expect in regards to reserving judgement & waiting for a complete investigation and it was said before the bodycam footage had been released which showed Amir was not pointing the gun at officers as had been stated by the chief of police.

Since I made a mistake weighing in on the Arbery case without having all the facts, I am henceforth resisting that temptation. The bodycam footage probably should result in manslaughter/murder convictions, but I still want to know all the facts. All of the professional associations are notorious for failing to police their own ranks, but policing is arguably the worst.
Why do I always see my mistakes after the fact.  78
I think its sad that the kid was killed I don't know if he was involved with the guy they were looking for or why they shot him. I just see this shit a lot but never see what the 99% of the cops do that saves peoples lives. One thing I don't want is for cops to go away but they should be more careful when handing out justice like this. They are scared too and have families, I really don't think they go into work thinking who they could kill today.