Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if...
Paper money becomes worthless?  What would you be willing to trade,  to get what you need?  

Somewhere in this forum,  Rothschild mentioned having a couple of months' cash on hand.   

What makes cash valuable,  if , after an EMP, there's no guarantee that it's backed?
Back in the 1870's it took a very long time for anyone to even accept paper money. it was all gold and silver so it's only worth what's backing it. When inflation takes over a country and the government just starts printing money is when a dollar becomes worth 1 cent.

I can see barter working ok. As a matter of fact it's great for getting out of paying taxes.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Ok, but what are you willing to barter?   Your body,  your food,  your house,  your children?
I don't think I have anything to trade or barter with. *worried look*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-28-2022, 12:33 PM)Duchess Wrote: I don't think I have anything to trade or barter with. *worried look*

Ahem.  But you're rich and beautiful  (you have said this many times)
(02-28-2022, 12:54 PM)cannongal Wrote: Ahem.  But you're rich and beautiful  (you have said this many times)

I've never referred to myself as rich, I'm not. I've always worked like everyone has.

I'm not beautiful either, I'm a dog, CG. Woof.
(02-28-2022, 12:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 12:54 PM)cannongal Wrote: Ahem.  But you're rich and beautiful  (you have said this many times)

I've never referred to myself as rich, I'm not. I've always worked like everyone has.

I'm not beautiful either, I'm a dog, CG. Woof.

Ok,  I remember a thread about removing sunglasses and and hoodies about banks.    I also  remember you stating that you are free, white, and over 21, and your privileged to be there.
Does it ever occur to you that maybe I just say shit sometimes just to fuck with people? If not, CG, sometimes I just say shit to fuck with people. I like to do that and I think it's fun. I don't do it much anymore, but it's not beneath me to do so at any given time.

I remember the hoodie/sunglasses/bank.   113

I'm an ass sometimes. Don't be an ass like Duchess.
(02-28-2022, 11:53 AM)cannongal Wrote: Ok, but what are you willing to barter?   Your body,  your food,  your house,  your children?

I could barter my action figures/collectibles, comics for a start. My lady clothes too if necessary. As long as I have food, shelter, and friends, I can live without anything else.
I am so screwed.
(02-28-2022, 01:38 PM)Duchess Wrote: Does it ever occur to you that maybe I just say shit sometimes just to fuck with people? If not, CG, sometimes I just say shit to fuck with people. I like to do that and I think it's fun. I don't do it much anymore, but it's not beneath me to do so at any given time.

I remember the hoodie/sunglasses/bank.   113

I'm an ass sometimes. Don't be an ass like Duchess.

It has.    It has also occurred to me that you say shit to keep in touch with the friends that you think you have.  hah hah Lame bitch
Huh. To keep in touch with friends I think I have? What does that even mean?  I keep in touch with my friends in a variety of ways, not through posting on Mock.  hah
(02-28-2022, 01:50 PM)Duchess Wrote: I am so screwed.

Only if you want to be. I'd gladly barter food and shelter for a chance to screw an "Elder"goddess. hah
(02-28-2022, 11:32 AM)cannongal Wrote: Paper money becomes worthless?  What would you be willing to trade,  to get what you need?  

Somewhere in this forum,  Rothschild mentioned having a couple of months' cash on hand.   

What makes cash valuable,  if , after an EMP, there's no guarantee that it's backed?

Our currency lost what tangible backing it had when Nixon ended the Bretton Woods Agreement, which was a quasi-gold standard. So at this point confidence is all that keeps it afloat, which is not at all good -- but -- unlike digital currency, it doesn't rely on electronic processing, so you can still use it if the power grid went down at a mom & pop store, assuming you can find one.

The ideal, however, are local-based currencies that aren't having the cream skimmed off by global parasites, and the more you support local businesses, the healthier your local economy will be -- assuming you value freedom and autonomy.
Small business is what drives job creation. When you stop supporting small businesses, you're helping to kill Main Street, USA. Think about that the next time you're getting ready to buy something.
(02-28-2022, 11:53 AM)cannongal Wrote: Ok, but what are you willing to barter?   Your body,  your food,  your house,  your children?

Drugs. I've stock piled them just in case this ever happens. And chickens.
This topic started a conversation among friends last night. I do have things to barter! I have woods with cherry & oak. Fuel! There is land for grazing or growing food and I have wells for fresh water. Bring on the apocalypse.
(03-01-2022, 05:12 AM)Duchess Wrote: This topic started a conversation among friends last night. I do have things to barter! I have woods with cherry & oak. Fuel! There is land for grazing or growing food and I have wells for fresh water. Bring on the apocalypse.

Woohoo! Apocalypse party at Duchess' bunker! Taz
Weeeee. Let's cut a rug, Clang. Shake dat ass.
(03-01-2022, 03:00 PM)Duchess Wrote: Weeeee. Let's cut a rug, Clang. Shake dat ass.

https://youtu.be/NkRyWpgmV3Y