Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you get dressed up to go out to dinner?
When tourists ask for recommendations for places to eat, I go through the list, 1 restaurant is a little fancier and expensive and whenever I suggest it to a certain generation they are always mortified because they couldn't possibly go there the way they are dressed they say. (They usually ask me after being out on an all day excursion, dressed a little causually-but not too bad)
I find it sad and enduring at the same time. I want to say, "Just go, it will be fine" but they would not dream of going to this place w/out the proper clothing-whatever that is.

*endearing
not enduring

Sometimes it all depends no flip flops and tank tops unless it's a burger joint.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I usually wear a collared shirt.
I wouldn't go to a fine dining restaurant if I wasn't dressed appropriately.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I just wear my regular clothes. I've only been to a few restaurants that had strict dress codes where my husband had to wear a jacket and I had to wear a dress and heels. Other than that I always get away just dressed casually.
I just never pictured this particular restaurant in town to be "fine dining" and on some nights it is almost the only option. I mean I would think people wouldn't want to wear tank top and flip flops, but usually these guys already have a button up shirt on-and for them it isn't fancy enough.

It's been my experience that restaurants located in tourist areas are very welcoming no matter how one is dressed, I think they expect to see casual attire.
(05-21-2022, 02:06 PM)Duchess Wrote: It's been my experience that restaurants located in tourist areas are very welcoming no matter how one is dressed, I think they expect to see casual attire.

Many restaurants have a sign posted that reads:
“No shirt, No shoes, No service”. hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

You better have some damn good food for me to get dressed up. I'm not dressing to kill to go to the Outback steakhouse like I see some people do.
(05-21-2022, 11:10 PM)Carsman Wrote: Many restaurants have a sign posted that reads:

Sorry, Cars, I didn't take into account the typical white trash morons with their white trash behavior.
(05-21-2022, 11:20 PM)T er sally Wrote: You better have some damn good food for me to get dressed up. I'm not dressing to kill to go to the Outback steakhouse like I see some people do.

To some folks, they think Outback is a fine restaurant. hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(05-22-2022, 09:00 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 11:10 PM)Carsman Wrote: Many restaurants have a sign posted that reads:

Sorry, Cars, I didn't take into account the typical white trash morons with their white trash behavior.

Why must they only be white? There was just an incident at the mall food court here where a black couple got mad about something, ripped off the covid protection plexiglass and threw it at the little china man behind the counter.
It was just a figure of speech, Sal, I'll try to be more mindful of other races when I'm spreading the snark around.
Blacks are "emotional" Whites are just "mean"  LOL
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I miss getting dressed up for anything.

Combined together they cause a real shit show at the waffle house here. There is always something going down at that place.
The local goodwill donation bins are full by noon and they have snot nosed brats with attitudes working, just threw away three Gigantic hefty bags full of slacks and shirts, felt guilty...
Is posting them for free with a local meet-up out of the question?
That's such a pita. I did a spring cleaning over the weekend and I had about 30 bags of junk that I put out to the trash. My daughter said you know you can have a yard sale or donate this stuff. I could, I should and I would, but it's way easier to throw it in the trash. Why did we have 50 beer cozies in the cabinet and where did they even come from. I suppose I could hand them out to the bums, but nobody has time for that.
I've done a mix of dropping stuff at that habitat store and throwing away. I only throw away if it truly isn't wearable anymore.