Falling Rocks
Behind my place is a hillside with rocks, lots of them and some brush.
I'm just sitting here by the window
listening to the crickets
enjoying the cool night
after a long 12 hour work day

AND THEN SUDDENLY SOME ROCKS LET LOOSE! And it scares the shit out of me. But not actually. Thank you very much. All I can think of is that there is some animal back there and I don't know if it is a deer or a cougar or what it is.

Do you have falling rock signs on the roads where you drive?

(05-23-2022, 12:58 AM)MirahM Wrote: Do you have falling rock signs on the roads where you drive?

I live on a coastal plain, there isn't a hill to be seen, so no falling rock signs.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Only where they cut a hundred foot notch into the granite to make exit and on ramps onto the highway.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-23-2022, 10:06 AM)Maggot Wrote: Only where they cut a hundred foot notch into the granite to make exit and on ramps onto the highway.

Did you know that in the North Country the land is carved by glaciers?
hah Reilly?  hah
hah  I REALLY like saying that and I'll use any excuse to do so.
Well these were cut out and there are some really cool patterns and colors.
Dangit! I was going to post a picture and forgot that IMGUR is all fucked up now. I don't know how I will post pics. : (
grrrr

https://imgur.com/a/UU0sFg8

(05-23-2022, 03:57 PM)MirahM Wrote: I don't know how I will post pics. : (
grrrr

https://imgur.com/a/UU0sFg8

Awww--here ya go.

Such pretty scenery. Thank you!

[Image: rHtw2on.jpeg]
They had falling rock signs in Colorado. It didn't make me feel too comfortable. That and if you swerved you'd drive off the edge of the cliff to your death. There wasn't much room for error.
It's worse when you see the signs and rocks all over the road for miles.
(05-23-2022, 08:26 PM)BigMark Wrote: It's worse when you see the signs and rocks all over the road for miles.

No shit, what if one just drops through your windshield?
Its fucking scary.
I avoided a road for a long time until they fixed the side the rocks and boulders kept falling down on.

Thanks 4 fixing my pic Duchess. I don't know what to do-I'll have to get a new hosting site now. Ugh.

We were on a roadtrip and everyone fell asleep after driving for hours. It was my turn to drive and I almost had a nervous breakdown looking over the edge. My husband woke up and asked wtf are you doing? I was pale and sweating and doing 40 in an 80. Cars were zooming past me in the pouring rain and I always thought of myself as a strong person, but looking over the edge when driving almost paralyzed me. Once I got a six pack in me I was fine though.
In NE, many roads have Falling Rocks signs, as they were cut 
Through mountain sides. Many times have seen rock slides 
go up to the side of the road. Several times have seen slides
that actually slid into the RH lane of the road. One time saw
A slide that completely covered the he road. Stuck for hours!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Damn.
We've had slides that close the road for a week.

(05-24-2022, 12:30 AM)MirahM Wrote: Thanks 4 fixing my pic Duchess. I don't know what to do-I'll have to get a new hosting site now. Ugh.

You're welcome. I'm glad to help you post your pretty pix  Smiley_emoticons_smile
I should do a video drive of some of the roads here. I don't know what is scarier-the rocks or the sheep causing the rocks to fall. (big horn sheep)
And then wondering what will hit your vehicle first.

Big horn sheep! Hell yeah! Dooooo iiittttt.
Is that you Mirah?