Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUPREME COURT FUCKERY
Yeah, we need a thread for that.

The other day they ruled Border Patrol can enter any home, at any time, in a 100 mile radius of a border and we have no recourse. That encompasses many of us.

Today they ruled that immigrants in US detention are not entitled to a bond hearing and may be held indefinitely.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Roe V Wade is overruled. They did it.

13 republican led states have "trigger" laws that go into effect this moment. Abortion is banned.
Justice Thomas says that overruling Roe isn't enough! "For that reason, in future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence and Obergefell". Those are the right to privacy, contraception and marriage equality. My god.
All of those justices who ruled on this lied in order to get their job. They all said they viewed Roe V Wade as established law. They wouldn't have gotten confirmed otherwise.
It's going to be an interesting day today, between social media and actual protests.
I warned you this was coming...

The "good and plenty" clause in the 14th is next...

Ready for a Convention of States now?

If Republicans gain control of congress, they can outlaw abortion everywhere and it will stand. 

Federalism is the solution.
[Image: FWDJvw5X0AITMq0?format=jpg&name=900x900]
(06-24-2022, 10:45 AM)Duchess Wrote: All of those justices who ruled on this lied in order to get their job. They all said they viewed Roe V Wade as established law. They wouldn't have gotten confirmed otherwise.

Have you forgotten that time Billy Clinton parsed the meaning of "is"? That's how lawyers think, and act. It's wrong on principle, but in the world of partisan dewshbaggery, the fucktarded masses only complain when it goes against their pet issues.

As for "settled law", the summary of Roe vs Wade explicitly states a caveat that leaves the door open for it's demise, which means it was never a done deal.
105  Suck it, rothschild.
While riding up the steepest part of the trail some stupid karen was in the way looking at her phone, she turned to me, a complete stranger and exclaimed they overturned Roe vs Wade, that's dumb I replied for a few different reasons then she yelled get educated. I wanted a hungry Mountain Lion to feast on her.
Was she happy about it?

Yes, she is a dumb bitch for many reasons. I assumed she was mad until she started lecturing me.
(06-24-2022, 07:16 PM)Duchess Wrote: 105  Suck it, rothschild.

Blowing-kisses
It's all over social media,   that R V.W getting overturned wasn't about abortion,  but the right to medical privacy. 

Funny,  I thought that we threw medical privacy out the window,  when we allowed public and private entities to demand to see our covid vax cards (or negative covid test)  to gain access to their establishments.
More SCOTUS opinions this morning starting at 10:00 EST. What fresh hell will today bring?
SCOTUS just ruled 6-3 that public school teachers and other staff can now lead students in prayer. This is more bullshit from a court that has less credibility with each passing day.
Lovely

https://www.khq.com/news/supreme-court-s...3f61b.html

I can only copy/paste a portion. Ugh.

The Supreme Court on Monday ruled that a high school football coach from Bremerton, Washington had the right to pray on the field immediately after games ended.

Joseph Kennedy claimed that the Bremerton School District violated his religious freedom when they told him to cease praying on the 50-yard line. The district said they were trying to remain neutral and to avoid looking like they were endorsing a religion.

The case made headlines after Kennedy was given a poor performance report, put on leave and ultimately left the school in 2015.

I'm kinda hoping a Muslim teacher pulls out a prayer rug and encourages the class to participate.  17
That would be wonderful. I would participate in that on a day like today. I will do every prayer and meditation and spiritual practice.

They just opened up a huge can of worms. SPIRITUAL WORMS!

SPIRITUAL WORMS!  Smiley_emoticons_shocked