Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEATH FOOD
I didn't know what else to call it! OMG.

Do people still bring food to the home where there has been a death in the family? What does one bring?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Bring? Take? WTF.  
Funeral food.

Its hard to say. Sometimes the family has other family visiting-so its nice for them or people who may be helping them with something.

My father's wife does.  She's very active in her church,  and whenever a church member passes on, she brings a casserole and dessert to the family.
My longtime neighbor’s husband died recently and I thought about making her a lasagna or macaroni and cheese with ham casserole or something, just because she was alone and to be nice. Then I got into a fight with my husband and almost went to jail so I never got around to it. It was the thought that counts even though no one knows I was thinking it. Well except you people now.
This old fat pervert would bail you out.
I would have thought it would be about lifting the coffin lid and trying to feed the dead, it is worth it as a good lasagne might revive them.
(06-11-2023, 10:47 PM)sally Wrote:  Then I got into a fight with my husband and almost went to jail 

Is that why you've been MIA?
It was probably over that sink in the new house.
(06-12-2023, 05:08 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-11-2023, 10:47 PM)sally Wrote:  Then I got into a fight with my husband and almost went to jail 

Is that why you've been MIA?

Nah, we’re always fighting. I’ve been busy with other crap, the todo list never ends lately.
I notice when you're not here. I've missed yooooou!   Loveis
I should still make her something since she’s over there all alone and I’ve known her for 20 years. My lasagna sucks ass though. Lasagna is always the go to for dead people, what else could I make?
Google casserole. That's what I do.  50
If you know the people have food sensitivities it might be nice to make something that accomodates that. DON'T YELL AT ME! I'm just sayin, lots of people make pastas-but some people can't eat pasta or certain pasta-so its nice to list ingredients. SORRY FOR BEING ANNOYING! I'm just sayin.

That is not annoying, that is thoughtful.
(06-13-2023, 02:02 PM)MirahM Wrote: If you know the people have food sensitivities it might be nice to make something that accomodates that. DON'T YELL AT ME! I'm just sayin, lots of people make pastas-but some people can't eat pasta or certain pasta-so its nice to list ingredients. SORRY FOR BEING ANNOYING! I'm just sayin.

Well this lady ain’t allergic to carbs, that’s for sure. My son’s girlfriend is allergic to gluten, but it’s because of the crazy meds she’s on, not a natural allergen. She breaks out in an itchy, purple rash if she eats it.
I think Mark does the gluten thing. Him or Mrs. Biggie.
(06-12-2023, 05:37 PM)sally Wrote: I should still make her something since she’s over there all alone and I’ve known her for 20 years. hah My lasagna sucks ass though. hah Lasagna is always the go to for dead people, what else could I make?

hah You could go to you local Italian restaurant and buy a takeout lasagna, and put it on your plate. It’s not only the thought, it would be something she would enjoy. 
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I knew this info!

There are brands I can eat and brands I cannot.