Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE END IS NEAR
Today is the unofficial end to our Summer. Do you care?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I drank hot coffee for the first time in months, light rain is plumping up our 20 olive trees right before harvest.
(09-04-2023, 06:07 AM)Duchess Wrote: Today is the unofficial end to our Summer. Do you care?

Bring on the colder weather and pumpkin spice everything. I'm ready. Fuck you bees.
I hope the Spice girls sex you into a coma.
I care, it will mean cooler weather here, tired of the 100+ degree temps already!  Respect-applause
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(09-04-2023, 09:42 AM)BigMark Wrote: I drank hot coffee for the first time in months, light rain is plumping up our 20 olive trees right before harvest.

You live in paradise. What does an olive taste like fresh off the tree, are they even edible at that point?
No, Olives go through a rigouros process to make them edible. All the cafes serve them with olive oil, garlic and sliced carrots. We plan to take ours and trade them for fresh local Olive oil. Pickes four sacks of Carobs and donated them to the local dog rescue. I need to plant some Avacado trees...
(09-04-2023, 06:07 AM)Duchess Wrote: Today is the unofficial end to our Summer. Do you care?

I am glad I survived the summer w/out AC. I hope I am prepared enough for winter. I look forward to the cooler temps this fall and am excited that I've had 2 great days w/ no smoke and I think we will make it through the rest of the season w/out anymore smoke. 

I really wanted to get in the water a few more times and I still might do that if we have some warm days.

When I read the title of this thread, I`m afraid it ( may be) is the fate of MOCK.
Very few posters of late. Say it ain`t so! 

I have to create a FB account first, but I will post it in the members only in case any of you want to be my friend once we’re done here lol.
One of the most labor intensive and fickle is acorns, making meal and keeping it from molding.
(09-05-2023, 11:34 AM)Carsman Wrote: When I read the title of this thread, I`m afraid it ( may be) is the fate of MOCK.
Very few posters of late. Say it ain`t so! 

It'll be okay, honey, it always slows down this time of year. People get busy cramming in all the things they want to do before it's time to hibernate. Posting will pick back up when people are spending more time indoors.
(09-05-2023, 11:51 AM)sally Wrote: I have to create a FB account first, but I will post it in the members only in case any of you want to be my friend once we’re done here lol.

Or you could private message your FB account name to the Mockers you want to say in touch with. Maybe I`m one of them, I`ll see.  

I don’t even have a FB, but I think if Mock were to close shop that Duchess would give us enough time to exchange that info. Then we could all just argue there.
(09-12-2023, 04:29 PM)sally Wrote:  I think if Mock were to close shop that Duchess would give us enough time to exchange that info. 

Absolutely.
(09-12-2023, 04:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 04:29 PM)sally Wrote:  I think if Mock were to close shop that Duchess would give us enough time to exchange that info. 

Absolutely.

Years ago I was a member of a forum for around 7 years, and one day, trying to log on, 
message came on saying site can not be found. And that was it site closed down, no
warning,  and had no way to contact them. Several good friends on that site just vanished
so i`m a little gun shy.
 into thin air.  So I`m a little gun shy.

(09-13-2023, 02:41 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 04:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Absolutely.

Years ago I was a member of a forum for around 7 years, and one day, trying to log on, 
message came on saying site can not be found. And that was it site closed down, no
warning,  and had no way to contact them. Several good friends on that site just vanished
so i`m a little gun shy.
 into thin air.  So I`m a little gun shy.

How good friends could you be if none of you trusted each other enough to exchange email addresses or phone numbers in 7 years?
It’s not so much a trust issue, I just don’t think people who have never met in person are likely to exchange phone numbers. But you want my phone number Clang, I’ll give you my damn phone number. What would you like to discuss, pick a topic.
Yeah, what sal said! Never thought site was going to end. 

The only Mocker I ever gave my number to was Lady Cop. SHE WAS AWESOME!

(09-13-2023, 05:44 PM)sally Wrote: It’s not so much a trust issue, I just don’t think people who have never met in person are likely to exchange phone numbers. But you want my phone number Clang, I’ll give you my damn phone number. What would you like to discuss, pick a topic.

Well maybe not phone numbers but at least email addresses. 

No, I don't want your phone number, sally. I don't want you to hate me. I'm much more talkative  and confident online. On the phone there would be too much awkward pauses from me, yelling from you, unmanly crying from me.