Hoarders..OMFG
[/b] Good morening, my name is QB and I am addicted to watching Hoarders. Smiley_emoticons_shocked Christ...this is some sick sad stuff.
Where does one draw the line between hoarding shit and just having a filthy trash infested house? I am watching one I recorded last night...where the house is just filled with crap...bugs, cat feces..and DEAD cat bones. The cleaners went to one area and litteraly found bags of human waste...because the house had no plumbing and they were just sitting into garbage bags and throwing them into corners. Smiley_emoticons_kotz

My house will never make Better homes and gardens magazine...but I would still feel comfortable inviting people inside.
i know someone like that. it's a sickness and they don't accept help easily. in fact they resist like hell until fucking code enforcement shows up or the nuthouse van takes them to happy acres to weave potholders. it's disgusting. they have moldy clothes from the 70s, an ancient broken microwave and TV and vacuum, etc. but THEY WILL NOT FUCKING THROW THAT CRAP AWAY! their house is full of shit like that. bedrooms, basement, living room....

I just took apart 2 televisions and threw them in the trash because I was to cheap to pay the 25.00 each at the dump. They fit nice in plastic bags when they were chopped up.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
You have to pay to dump your trash? Yikes. I would have done the same as you. My towns dump has a spring and fall clean up weekend...where you can just go and drop off your shit. Did a whole truck load once...granted most was yard waste that they ground into mulch....and oh yeah..that was the year we replaced both of the thrones from the throne rooms.
I still have a shitter in my barn that I replaced last month. I should turn it into a bird bath. They want 20.00 to dump that. Bastards!

I couldn't bear living like that. I need my space to be tidy, if things around me are junked up, my brain can't even function properly, it's like the mess morphs into my mind & then my thoughts are messy & jumbled.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
i DO believe it's an indication of mental illness. your surroundings reflect your mental condition and affect your spirit and the way you feel. there is no reasoning with these sickos. it's torture for them to be forced to get rid of anything.

Having junk around is one thing but bags of poop??? Thrown in a corner? That isn't hoarding. That is just nasty.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
LC, you are right about the mental illness part of it. It is sad. One lady was crying because she had to get rid of a buggy old teddy bear..because she felt she had "let it down". A Teddy bear. The illness causes them to put the stuff over family...family members threatening to cut off contat means nothing it seems.
Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Damn, I missed that episode.
Do unto others then run like hell! 104 ::devilban::
(09-14-2010, 01:52 PM)Satan Herself Wrote: Damn, I missed that episode.

The one where she throws her hat in the air?
Crap! wrong thread........

Oh crap, you messed up my laughter by being lost.