Pierced Hips? Really?
OK, so my granddaughter announced she was going this evening to get her HIPS pierced. Her hips? Really? Is that the latest thing? WTF. I was well into my 20's before getting up the balls to get my ears pierced..and they are doing hips now?
make her read this:

Getting a Surface Piercing (hip etc.)

When you get a piercing, it is nothing more than a foreign object through your skin. Many times, your body will treat the jewelry like a splinter and try to push it out.

Surface piercings are different than most piercings. A proper surface piercing is pierced with a barbell, shaped like a staple with two 90 degree angles, one on either end. With the shape of a surface barbell, it becomes harder for the body to push the jewelry out. With improper jewelry, healing is more difficult.

Only skilled piercers should practice this type of piercing, as the rejection rates are very high. A lot of tissue can be damaged with this piercing.

As surface piercings are so sensitive, once healed, if you bump it several years after the fact, you can invite the migration and rejection process to begin. You do not want to have your piercing to begin rejecting because it is hard to reverse. If you do not remove the jewelry before it is too late, the piercing will be nothing more than ugly scars.

Popular Surface Piercings
Nape
Nape
Hip
Hip
Sternum
Sternum
Healing Surface Piercings

A surface piercing is one of the hardest of piercings to heal as it is a more complicated piercing. It takes up more skin than other piercings, causing more trauma to the tissues. To heal a surface piercing properly you need to make sure that you watch any friction on the piercing. Place a surface piercing in a low key area, and you'll be better off.

Watch the amount of movement in the area you chose. Many people love the look and appearance of wrist surface piercings as well as nape piercings, but both of these areas are high movement areas. You use your wrists for various activities such as writing, typing, eating, shaking hands, etc; your neck is a high motion and impact area because you turn you neck in various directions, brush your hair, lay on your back, etc.

You should clean the piercing with a saline solution, or a mild sea salt mix. Depending on where the piercing is, you can pour the saline in a small dixie cup, and flip the cup over onto the piercing.

This ensures that you are fully cleaning the piercing.

Watch for drainage, and do not let crusties, lymph, sit around the barbell for long. Now, do not pull off the crusty, as it will cause even more tissue trauma. Soak the area and use a Q-Tip or cotton ball to gently rub the crusty off the piercing.

Make sure that there is enough breathing room between the swelling and the end of the barbell. This will, also, help with the drainage. This can be achieved by using appropriate jewelry, so you're piercer will be most in control of this concern.

Many body jewelry companies have produced a surface barbell that has flat tips versus balls. This is a better option, as it is less likely to stick out and beg to be knocked.

ewwwwwww blech

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Too late..she is home now, all pierced. I think she did this because her mom wouldn't sign off on her getting a tattoo
she still needs to read it and know how to care for wound(s) and what to watch for.
this won't apply to her i am sure, but all the people who get arrested and go to jail have to remove ALL piercings, right there in intake/booking, nomatter what repulsive area they are located. and if they refuse some poor cop has to do it. YUCK YUCK YUCK! Smiley_emoticons_kotz
NASTY YUCK!

I could do that with my bb gun. Smiley_emoticons_smile
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
LC, checked with her mom..and my granddauhter had to sign off on the list of caring for it BEFORE they pierced. It pretty much covered what the list you gave.
Beyond having her ears pierced (and maybe a couple on them) my daughter won't be getting any other piercings as long as she lives in my house.

I'm sorry but beyond the ears, I don't really like piercings (okay, maybe belly button if you have hot abs or a nose if you have a beautiful nose) but I'm drawing the line. She can get those when she's 1) over 18 and 2) can pay for them herself.

And no tattoos till she's on her own.

That's what I'm saying now that she's 11. We'll see if I stick to it, lol.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-14-2010, 07:48 PM)QueenBee Wrote: I think she did this because her mom wouldn't sign off on her getting a tattoo

I think some piercings are cute. I have my navel done & would have done my nose but I have to deal with too many people who would look at it the wrong way & that matters. Most states have laws in place about who can be pierced & normally if the person is underage, they need parental permission. How old is this kid?

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Let's see your belly piercing Duchesss.

I think a belly ring is cute on a young lady with a nice tummy. I think facial piercings are tacky. Just my opinion. People can do what they want.

Yesterday I took Zack to the barber for a haircut. This guy came in with those huge holes in his ears. I don't know what they call it. I had to keep telling Zack to stop staring at him. LOL He was fascinated. I told him not as long as I'm alive.....
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(10-15-2010, 07:51 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Let's see your belly piercing Duchesss.

I'd be delighted to share my image, Ramsey, immediately after you show yours. Awink

Well if anyone is going to get a piercing then it should be a teenager because they look even more ridiculous on adults. I think belly button rings are right up there with tramp stamps and they look all the more ridiculous the older you get.

Anyone showing their shit to the public at large looks ridiculous no matter what their age is.
(10-15-2010, 07:55 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-15-2010, 07:51 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Let's see your belly piercing Duchesss.

I'd be delighted to share my image, Ramsey, immediately after you show yours. Awink

I don't have a belly ring to show Duch. I think at 45 I am a little old for one.

I said, "your image", Ramsey, not "show us your belly piercing". Post your photo so that we may all critique your appearance. Doesn't that sound like fun? I would guess that as a Mocker you can certainly handle what you dish out when it is directed back at you, right?
I think just about everyone here has posted a picture of themselves except for you two. Well Ramsey posted one, but it was blurry. I think you both should post your picture.
I don't want to see your belly ring to critique it. I was just curious what kind you had. Speaking of being curious - did it hurt?

I am not a fan of pain and that is a big reason why I have not gotten a tatt. I want two small footprints with angel wings on each side on my lower back. Tell you what Duch, if I get the nerve to do it, I will certainly post a pic of it here.
(10-15-2010, 09:07 AM)sally Wrote: I think just about everyone here has posted a picture of themselves except for you two. Well Ramsey posted one, but it was blurry. I think you both should post your picture.

Don't give me that bullshit that you haven't seen my photo. Jesus Christ.78

(10-15-2010, 09:14 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Speaking of being curious - did it hurt?

It hurt like hell & right when I was at the point of saying, fuck this, it came to an end. If anyone tells you differently, I can only say, no brain, no pain.

(10-15-2010, 09:15 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-15-2010, 09:07 AM)sally Wrote: I think just about everyone here has posted a picture of themselves except for you two. Well Ramsey posted one, but it was blurry. I think you both should post your picture.

Don't give me that bullshit that you haven't seen my photo. Jesus Christ.78
Well I saw one picture, but it wasn't posted by you. And if I remember correctly, you had on a robe and sunglasses which made it hard to tell what you really look like, if it was even really you.

THAT'S the photo that got passed around? 28