Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
a New Years Eve story
last New Years Eve i was in the cardiac ICU in Boston, having had a heart 109 attack on the 30th.
a day after that i got tired of the hospital because they gave me shit about detaching my leads and rolling my IV stand/pole outside for a cigarette. picky picky picky anal nurses.[Image: nurse.gif]
so i decided to get the hell out of there and this is what ensued:

little hospital story...this young doctor [Image: doctor.gif] enters my cell...er...room...and tells me ambulances are expensive so i should take a train home to the Cape when i'm discharged . the only problem with that is there ARE NO TRAINS to Cape Cod! so i said to him, let me be sure i understand this...i am supposed to go out and wander about in a snowstorm until i find a train station , although i JUST had cardiac catherization and my femoral artery has been dissected like a frog in biology class and i could bleed out in two minutes flat? he replied well uh yes. so i rang for the nurse. she came in and i announced that obviously one of their psych patients had chewed through his straps and was standing in my room wearing a white coat and stethoscope.

she threw him out into the hall before i ripped his face off. and within the hour i was told an ambulance would be taking me directly to my door on the Cape. (which my insurance would cover.) i don't know what mop closet they assigned young doctor kildare to after that.

and i don't know why they didn't think i was a great patient. Big surprise

got a New Years story? :newyearkiss:

Attached Files
.gif   Ambulance-t.gif (Size: 10.01 KB / Downloads: 107)

this topic is so limiting.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(12-27-2010, 12:16 PM)IMaDick Wrote: this topic is so limiting.

well you must have ONE memorable NYE story that is fit for publication.

Smiley_emoticons_bussi Happy New Year

your burros are cold. hah
[Image: Brrr.gif]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Shit, LC, I remember that. WOW..try to have a calmer time this year, OK?
i used to enjoy working NYE...it was always quite entertaining as long as nobody was killed on the road.

PolicePolicePoliceTaserTaser

this year i will be having an exciting night here at Mock. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin 2hiding

(12-27-2010, 12:08 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: last New Years Eve i was in the cardiac ICU in Boston, having had a heart 109 attack on the 30th.

*gasp* You're not supposed to be smoking cigarettes are you?! 16

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-27-2010, 02:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-27-2010, 12:08 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: last New Years Eve i was in the cardiac ICU in Boston, having had a heart 109 attack on the 30th.

*gasp* You're not supposed to be smoking cigarettes are you?! 16

That is scary LC. I never thought about dying until I turned 40. Now it occurs to me sometimes. I doubled my life insurance and am getting my affairs in order so there will be step by step instructions in case I am taken in a car accident or develop a disease. I am in great health, but I wouldn't want my loved ones to have to worry about more than losing me. They will be pleased with their share if something happens to me.

I usually drink on New Year's with my lady friends. I don't miss romantic evenings with one husband or another. I prefer to be out howling.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
My heart attack was caused by stress.

It took 49 years to have one small 3MM artery clog up, I smoked for 38 of those years tobacco is the scape goat for genetically altered food, designer drugs and pesticides.

If you actually believe any different I suggest you get a functioning brain, and then shoot yourself.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Dick:My heart attack was caused by stress.

i didn't realize you had had one Dick.72
mine was stress also. i was never sick or had any warning symptoms. i kicked some guy's ass the night before. i have had 2. but my first one was from working 12 hours a day 6 days a week in a stressful occupation (as you know). 5 deputies including myself had heart attacks that year, and none of us were "old".

It's funny how life goes bad wrong all of a sudden.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
But then, I guess prolonged stress isn't "all of a sudden."
Postwhore
John Adams

(12-27-2010, 05:28 PM)Cracker Wrote: It's funny how life goes bad wrong all of a sudden.

Life can go from sugar to shit in an instant.Smiley_emoticons_slash

(12-27-2010, 06:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-27-2010, 05:28 PM)Cracker Wrote: It's funny how life goes bad wrong all of a sudden.

Life can go from sugar to shit in an instant.Smiley_emoticons_slash

In a man's life this starts with "I do" life goes from swallow to spit to shit!

John Adams

Speak for yourself, not everyone is the miserable fuck you are.
(12-28-2010, 08:17 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Bullshit, Every man who has ever said "I do" knows I posted the truth, and so do you, deflection of the facts,mis-representation of the truth and a reprehensible denial by you change nothing.

Now lets get back to you resisting the slamming together of your legs.

John Adams

(12-28-2010, 08:28 AM)IMaDick Wrote:
(12-28-2010, 08:17 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Bullshit, Every man who has ever said "I do" knows I posted the truth, and so do you, deflection of the facts,mis-representation of the truth and a reprehensible denial by you change nothing.

Now lets get back to you resisting the slamming together of your legs.

We all know that you knocked up and married the first fat bitch that would give you the time of day and it resulted in her putting you through the ringer. Not all men are as unfortunate and bitter as you, some actually love their wife and kids.

My 15 minutes are up again and I meant to type wringer 105
(12-28-2010, 11:07 AM)sally Wrote: My 15 minutes are up again and I meant to type wringer 105

Are you posting from a bus station?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.