Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garage Sale finds
Here is what I found on my hunt this weekend as I scoped the garage and barn sales. My husband got a few crab pots for 2 bucks, so he's happy.
I got a Thomas Moran print (not sure if it's an original yet), a radio jukebox that lights up, a stack of LIFE magazines, a vintage Irish tablecloth that has some family crests on it.
I spent 12 bucks on everything, so I'm very pleased.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I like that radio jukebox does everything work? The LIFE magazines are cool but not worth much. I like the old magazines and usually buy a pile when I can. Everything is frozen around here and you can only find charity church stuff. But you just never know what those 80 yr olds will bring in as junk.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I think the only real score I found was the jukebox (It works fine), and the possible Thomas Moran painting.
I've been wanting to see other parts of the US, and see what it has to offer- I have been told there are many good/affordable antiques in some parts.
People out West where I live think their crap is worth a million bucks. (Yuppie/Hippies)
The ultimate find would be a 90 yr old lady's classic car sitting in a barn for 50 years in mint condition.....
Belle:The ultimate find would be a 90 yr old lady's classic car sitting in a barn for 50 years in mint condition.....

that happens a lot in Maine, Vt. and NH.

antique hunting in New England is great! and Europe of course.

Yeah?..well,...when you come across those classic cars the old ladies are selling,...take a pic for me?...

I really dig trolling flea markets, estate sales, yard sales, etc. I can see potential in many things they people choose to get rid of. I've seen bird houses made out of discarded tea pots and they are cool!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]