Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
An Eye for an Eye
could you mete out this punishment? what do you think of it?

Daily Mail
A woman who was blinded when a scorned lover threw acid in her eyes has the chance to get a gruesome revenge today. :O

A court in Iran has given permission for 32 year-old Ameneh Bahrami to get her own back by pouring acid in the eyes of her attacker, a fellow student at Tehran University.

The court's OId Testament ruling - an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth - has sparked controversy even in Iran where medieval justice still holds sway. But Ameneh still appears bent on revenge.

Twenty-seven year old Majid Movahedi threw sulphuric acid in her eyes at a bus-stop in 2004 after he had begged her in vain to marry him.

For months he had stalked her and she was left blind and disfigured. She later underwent 19 operations.

The court awarded her £19,000 in compensation and Majid went to jail. But Ameneh did not want the money.

She wanted her attacker to suffer the same anguish she was forced to endure for more than six years.

'His mother phoned my parents. She asked for mercy.

'She said that Majid would always work for me if he could keep his eyes. But now it's too late,' she was reported as saying yesterday.

She has received death threats because of her determination to exact revenge.

'The police have told me not to go out on the street alone,' she said. 'My parents are scared. They think the judges are wrong.'

Arrangements have been made for Ameneh to inject the acid into her attacker's eyes as he lies in a Tehran hospital under an aesthetic at midday today. Twenty drops in each eye.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

it's tomorrow, saturday.

Washington Post

May 13, 8:11 PM

TEHRAN — Iranian judicial authorities plan to blind a man Saturday, after he was convicted of throwing a bucket of sulfuric acid in the face of a young woman who had refused to marry him.

International human rights organizations and the British government have asked Ameneh Bahrami, 34, to pardon Majid Movahedi, who has been in jail since his 2004 crime. But Bahrami, who was disfigured and blinded as a result of the attack, says she does not intend to do so. Instead, she hopes the punishment will be a warning to any man ever contemplating such an act.

In 2008, an Iranian court ordered that five drops of the same chemical be placed in each of the attacker’s eyes, acceding to the victim’s demand that he be punished according to a principle in Islamic jurisprudence that allows a victim to seek retribution for a crime. Only the victim can prevent the execution of the sentence by pardoning the convicted.

“I have been receiving numerous phone calls from Iranian human rights organizations based abroad,” Bahrami said in a phone interview Friday. “They are pressuring me to pardon him. But I won’t do that.”

Bahrami wrote a book on her experience, “Eye for an Eye,” which was published in Germany. In the years since the attack, she has traveled between Iran and Spain, where doctors have tried unsuccessfully to restore her vision. Blind and alone in Barcelona, she spent periods of time living on the streets, until she received assistance from the Spanish government.

She has been the driving force behind the implementation of the punishment, pressing Ayatollah Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi, the former head of Iran’s judiciary, to carry out the sentence. He had proposed that the attacker’s family pay her compensation instead.

“He explained that such a sentence [the blinding] would cause lots of bad publicity for Iran. But I refused,” she said in an interview with The Washington Post in 2008.

“I don’t want any woman to have to go through what I experienced,” she said.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sometimes the Iranians get it right.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
oddly enough, i could probably shoot him. or insert the lethal needle in a child killer. but i don't think i could do that. it reminds me too much of what nazi "doctors" did to people. it seems barbaric to me. go figure.

i don't think an 'eye for an eye' was meant to be literal.

[Image: injection-460.jpg]

On the one hand, I agree with LC that I am not sure I could do it. On the OTHER hand, why should HE get the benefit of lying on a gurney and having anesthetic when SHE did not get that??
she has said she would forego the sentence for 2 million Euros. that bothers me regarding her motivation, although i know she needs plastic surgery, medical care for life.

"I wish I could drip it myself," Bahrami told Radio Farda on May 13. "Many times when I was dripping medical drops into my eyes -- I always do it myself -- I thought it's possible."

She added: "I wanted to touch [his] eyes and then pour the acid, but I thought it's not [possible] because my hands might burn, so a physician will be there and will do it."

Rights group Amnesty International has appealed to Iranian authorities to prevent the sentence being carried out and pointed out that "obliging a doctor to administer such a punishment would violate international medical ethics codes."

[Image: BA147FD4-FD20-445C-A605-6F8D067A4B29_w527_s.jpg]

Look at her eye. The missing one. I would be pissed, too.

I don't agree with making another human do what he did, but at least cut off his balls. Then he won't ever get to enjoy sex. I'm sure she isn't "seeing" much action and that would even the score.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

I know I'm more than just my looks but if someone took mine & I was made ugly I think I'd want revenge. I don't even like thinking about that kind of thing. I don't ever want to have to be that awful to anyone.

Actually, the more I think about this the more I don't think I could do it. I don't think I'd have another peaceful moment the rest of my life. My conscience wouldn't allow it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Let that woman stand next to me so I can see her face and I would chuck buckets off it over him.

It's like some old sort of fashion in India and Pakistan to do that to girls and I would have no problem whatsoever doing it to the guys with such ideas in their head. The only thing that would bother me is that he's asleep during the process. Such a shame.
Imagine that's your daughter that this monster blinded, I would administer the acid myself. They should blind him even if it's just to serve as a warning. This has been happening more often in muslim countries because people aren't being punished, they simply pay blood money and get away with ruining someone's life whilst they carry on with theirs. He deserves every single drop.

This is partially as a result of men never learning to cope with rejection because they never develop their social skills by interacting with the opposite sex like normal people.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

This just highlights again what a retarded country Iran is.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
The blinding of an Iranian student by having acid dripped into his eyes has been reportedly postponed, just hours before the punishment was due to be carried out. no reason or new time frame given.

edit to add: Bahrami and her lawyer have now said they were not aware that the punishment had been postponed.

'I haven't got any official news on the postponement of the verdict,' said her lawyer Ali Sarraf.

Maybe she got her two million Euros?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-14-2011, 08:28 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

This just highlights again what a retarded country Iran is.

That is true. If you got a world full of people that don't mind to go blind that is.

In the other case you might end up with a population, apart from the usual skull fucked minority, that might be careful not to do such thing.

You have cases in India where because the father could not keep up with the never ending dowry demands of the son in law and his parents, they put a rubber tire around her neck and burned her. 3 beautiful teenage girls hanged themselves so the last sister had a chance to get married, so to give their father a break. Well, breaks your heart for sure.

As Jellybaby said, Acid is another popular choice to handle rejection or show your disaproval in those areas.

Obviously it is only a small percentage of the population taking that road, so just like with Pedophiles, I say fuck them!

Take them out of the genetic pool and not only won't the world not go blind, but more importantly so, be a much more brighter place!

At least in my world.

Jesus. I can't imagine living in a society where that kind of thing is accepted.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-14-2011, 06:26 AM)Jellybaby Wrote: Imagine that's your daughter that this monster blinded. He deserves every single drop.

This is partially as a result of men never learning to cope with rejection because they never develop their social skills by interacting with the opposite sex like normal people.

Completely agree with your assessment of how this happened. He just assumed this woman would marry him, and, when she refused, he made sure that she'd be WORSE off than dead; blind and disfigured.

Implement the punishment. Hopefully, it'll be a deterrent to those who may to choose something similar in the future.
(05-14-2011, 03:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Completely agree with your assessment of how this happened. He just assumed this woman would marry him, and, when she refused, he made sure that she'd be WORSE off than dead; blind and disfigured.

Implement the punishment. Hopefully, it'll be a deterrent to those who may to choose something similar in the future.

Yeah this one incident is going to reverse the fact that Muslim men have considered women to be little more than chattels for centuries.
(05-14-2011, 03:33 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: Yeah this one incident is going to reverse the fact that Muslim men have considered women to be little more than chattels for centuries.

Society has to start somewhere. Time for some of these Islamic Republics to come out of the Stone Age.
(05-14-2011, 03:37 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Society has to start somewhere. Time for some of these Islamic Republics to come out of the Stone Age.

Never gonna happen, if anything its getting worse.

Coming out of the Stone Age would also involve not injecting acid into peoples eyes in the name of justice would it not?
(05-14-2011, 03:41 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(05-14-2011, 03:37 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Society has to start somewhere. Time for some of these Islamic Republics to come out of the Stone Age.

Never gonna happen, if anything its getting worse.

Coming out of the Stone Age would also involve not injecting acid into peoples eyes in the name of justice would it not?

I knew as I wrote that, that you'd point that out. My point: Men in Islamic Republics need to change their collective attitudes towards women. When a woman alone then has the sole power to inflict an 'eye for an eye' punishment towards a MAN, for something he's done to her, it sends the signal that 'times are changing'.

I admit it's a grotesque consequence, but probably needed in this particular instance.