Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARRGHHHH!
Sorry if this is too chicken soupy for you, but I'm about to lose my fucking mind.

We've been planning our wedding reception since we got married back in May. We went out and got married without a lot of notice, so we wanted to plan the reception so the majority of our family members could make it.

So here it is, 3 days away from the reception, and I've had almost all of my husband's family back out within the past 2 days.

I don't know what to do at this point. I've never been able to stand any of his family, but I put on a fake smile for his sake.

I'm mad right now, but I'll get over it. The thing that bugs me the most is that they're not there for him. They always have something better to do. I just don't know what to say to him without going off about how much I hate his family.

Any advice?
(08-16-2011, 10:37 PM)trixie Wrote: So here it is, 3 days away from the reception, and I've had almost all of my husband's family back out within the past 2 days.

I don't know what to do at this point. I've never been able to stand any of his family, but I put on a fake smile for his sake.

I'm mad right now, but I'll get over it. The thing that bugs me the most is that they're not there for him. They always have something better to do. I just don't know what to say to him without going off about how much I hate his family.

Any advice?

Wow. Apparently they don't like you very much (or maybe they don't like your husband very much). Fuck them. Go on with the reception as planned and just tell your husband "too bad your family couldn't make it".

You'll probably have more fun without them there anyway.

Edit: If he's not freaked out about the fact that his family is backing out, you shouldn't be. Maybe he knows they're just that dysfunctional.
Commando Cunt Queen
I concur. Fuck 'em. You can't control other people or worry about what they do. You'll drive yourself crazy if you try.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Just be thankful that they are not showing up...may be the best blessing in disguise! I've learned over the years that if people don't want to be around me and love me for me....then screw them....I don't need them anyways!
Yep. Fuck em. In laws suck, anyway. You didn't marry his asshole family. You married him. Enjoy your day with people you aren't in danger of shanking.
I bet they have a nickname for you like, "That Bitch" or something similar. haha
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(08-16-2011, 10:41 PM)username Wrote: Wow. Apparently they don't like you very much (or maybe they don't like your husband very much). Fuck them. Go on with the reception as planned and just tell your husband "too bad your family couldn't make it".

You'll probably have more fun without them there anyway.

I know I will have more fun without them, I just feel bad for him not having that support.

I get along fine with his siblings, and I'm fake to his parents. His whole family loves to gossip, so I try to stay away from them if possible. The reason some of them aren't coming is because they can't get along with the other ones. So instead of trying to put their issues aside for one day to support us, they just back out. I'm just tired of always being stuck in the middle. They try to make us choose sides, and they're always gossiping about the other side. It's like high school all over again, but worse. I just thought they could avoid each other for a couple hours at a party. Guess I was wrong!
(08-16-2011, 10:47 PM)Fibonacci Prima Wrote: Enjoy your day with people you aren't in danger of shanking.

hah You're right. I've envisioned that one too many times.

(08-16-2011, 10:47 PM)Cracker Wrote: I bet they have a nickname for you like, "That Bitch" or something similar. haha

Probably, and I have plenty of nicknames for them too. Smiley_emoticons_wink
Babe . . .

It's YOUR party, let THEM cry if they want to.

Congrats and enjoy the mirth!
Thanks everyone. I've calmed down a lot already. I could use a drink (or ten) though.
Fuck 'em.

Seriously, sounds like his family is a bit fickle and petty and he's known them his whole life so he's use to it. Now he's got a wife who cares about his feelings and how other people treat him, so he may not be sweatin' the family insensitivity. Smart lucky man.

Have an incredible in-law free celebration.

10 drinks, coming right up:

Relaxed DrinkRelaxed DrinkRelaxed DrinkRelaxed DrinkRelaxed DrinkRelaxed DrinkRelaxed DrinkRelaxed DrinkRelaxed DrinkRelaxed Drink
Tell your husband he can't fucking come to the reception either.

That turd has been sneaking around behind your back turning his family against you, He has some kinda sick fucking plan up his sleeve to embarrass you in front of just your family.

I think they are after the 72 plymouth wagon but that is just what I think it is.

Hide the car.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(08-16-2011, 10:37 PM)trixie Wrote: So here it is, 3 days away from the reception, and I've had almost all of my husband's family back out within the past 2 days.

They are selfish individuals who can't even manage to suck it up for a couple hours for the sake of a loved one. Consider yourself lucky that they won't be a part of your special day & don't give them another thought. It's their loss, not yours.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]