Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They caught that little fucker that was mutilating cats
Look how smug he looks in his mug shot.

18-year old arrested in Florida cat mutilations
Tips led to surveillance of parents⿿ house

[Image: 090614-weinman-vsml-9a.vsmall.jpg]
AP

Tyler Weinman, 18, faces charges of animal cruelty and burglary.

[Image: APTRANS.gif]

updated 2 hours, 12 minutes ago

MIAMI - A South Florida teenager was arrested early Sunday and accused of killing and mutilating the cats of his neighbors ⿿ a disturbing string of deaths that has horrified residents and shaken animal lovers in two Miami-area communities.

Tyler Hayes Weinman, 18, was taken into custody at a party, police said. He was still being questioned at Miami-Dade police headquarters while authorities praised the arrest at a press conference Sunday morning.

"I understand that pet owners feel very strongly about their little family members," Miami-Dade County Commissioner Katy Sorenson said. "Animals bring happiness and comfort to our lives. So, to see them so violated and mutilated just defies all common sense and it's painful for everyone involved. Thankfully, for this community, the terror has come to an end."

Weinman was charged with 19 felony counts of animal cruelty, 19 misdemeanor counts of improperly disposing of an animal body and four felony counts of burglary related to the cat deaths. It is unclear if he has an attorney. Messages left at phone numbers for his parents were not immediately returned and no one answered the door at his home.

"I hope it's not true," said 77-year-old Robert Ehrman, who lives across the street from Weinman and called his mother a "lovely person," but said he didn't know the teen well. "It's like a death in the family, I'm sure."

July court date set[/b][/b]Jail officials said a court date has been set for July.

In the past month, residents in the Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay neighborhoods have reported finding more than two dozen cats killed and mutilated. Some of the dead cats were missing fur ⿿ neighbors said some had been skinned ⿿ and appeared to have been cut with a sharp, straight instrument, police said.

"It's shocking to think that someone who lives right here and is our neighbor could do something like this," said Thomas Shad, whose small black cat, Miss Kitty, was among those killed.

Shad, whose house is near Weinman's, said he had suspected a local resident might be behind the killings, which were first reported in May. Police said they investigated more than 30 cat deaths ⿿ some of them likely caused by dogs ⿿ and received hundreds of tips from concerned citizens.

"This is so important to our community," Miami-Dade Police Department Maj. Julie Miller said of the arrest. "So many lives have been affected ⿿ children, adults, citizens who didn't even have animals affected."

Miller said the investigation is still open and additional arrests might be forthcoming, but she declined to name other suspects. Police said they have been watching the house where Weinman stays with his mother, and neighbors said he was taken to the police station for an interview on his prom night a few weeks ago. Weinman was still wearing a tuxedo when officers whisked him away that night, they said, and he missed the dance.

"If they do get the wrong guy and it's not him, they've ruined his life as it is right now," said 19-year-old Kyle Hantzis, who lives next door to Weinman.
Good! This kid sounds like a serial killer in training.
Fucking scumbag!

Defenseless little cats!

I have both dogs and cats in the house and some outdoor "farm cats" as well. They are all like my kids.

Fucking heathen little prick!!!!!!!
[Image: alcatraz-prison-picture2-1.jpg]
[Image: what_manner.gif]
Hey Lumps.... is this the same kid who had his mom take the mutilated cats to the pound and said she found them that way?

I can't find the link here in this forum.... was it here? I think JackBoots posted it too.
::angrier::

'ruined his life'??? The smug little shit. I hope he pays for what he has done.
Suspect arrested in cat killings; teen lived in Palmetto, Cutler Bay area
go to miami herald for details.

An alleged cat killer's own social networking attracted detectives from three agencies who on Sunday arrested an 18-year-old and said he killed and mutilated more than a dozen cats and terrorized pet owners in South Dade.

Tyler Hayes Weinman, whose divorced parents live in Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay, where the horrific cat killings occurred, faces 19 counts of animal cruelty, 19 counts of improperly disposing of an animal body and four counts of burglary.

Weinman, who recently attended Miami Palmetto Senior High, was led away from a Coral Gables house party minutes after midnight Sunday by undercover officer who had him under surveillance for weeks. He barely spoke a word, police said.

The clean-cut Weinman flashed a smug smile for his mug shot, taken when he was booked in jail Sunday.

Weinman attorney, David Macey, said his client is innocent. Weinman is expected to be arraigned on Monday. His bail has been set at $154,500.

Weinman had recently joined Facebook group named ''Catch the Cat Killer!'' which had more than 1,000 members. The administrators of the group attended Palmetto High, like Weinman.

At a morning news conference, Cutler Bay, city and county leaders thanked police and the community for helping end the killings, which had filled cat lovers in the area with fear for their felines.

Miami-Dade Commissioner Katy Sorenson, who represents the area where cat owners have struggled for weeks to keep their felines out of the path of a serial killer called the suspect ''twisted and depraved, somehow really not right as a human being.'' ''Thankfully, for this community, the terror has come to an end,'' Sorenson said.

Palmetto Bay Mayor Eugene Flinn said a motive is hard to fathom: ``No one here can get in the head of a person capable of such a heinous act.''

Still left unexplained are 15 other cat deaths in the area that police have not tied to Weinman, which may have been committed by dogs.

At the morning news conference, Miami-Dade Police Maj. Julie Miller assigned to Cutler Bay said investigators tracked Weinman through tips from the community and postings on YouTube, Facebook and MySpace.

''What led to the arrest is the community talking and bringing us information,'' Miller said.

She said Weinman killed 19 cats ''based on a totality of circumstances'' and added the investigation is still ongoing and may stretch to other jurisdictions.

Police say that Weinman -- whose mother once led Crime Watch in her old Palmetto Bay neighborhood and whose stepmother owns several cats -- used tools to slice open cats' bellies and gut them, often throwing the carcasses in front yards where they were found by horrified pet owners.

In the first case in May 10 - Mother's Day - two cats were sliced open and left on a front yard. One of the animals was ''posed'' for shock effect, according to a police report.

''These awful scenes inflicted a great human toll,'' said Cutler Bay Mayor Paul Vrooman.

The teen knew well the streets he targeted. Weinman's father, Douglas, is a dentist. His mother is a life coach and lives in Whispering Pines, a community where the killings began.

His parents could not be reached for comment Sunday.

The teen had apparently come under police scrutiny a few weeks ago. Police would not elaborate what type of posting or even if they were made by Weinman or someone else led them to Weinman.

He had been questioned by police the night of the Palmetto High prom. A spokesman for Miami-Dade schools said Weinman had not graduated from the school. Court records show that Weinman was also arrested May 29 for possession of cannabis.

One thing though... I'm guessing that all of the cats he killed were 'outside' at the time??

Second layer - stupid fucking pet owners, irresponsibly letting their animals run loose in the neighborhood.

It's hardly ever 'safe' to let a cat outside, since they can't be easily contained within yards. Shame on people for letting their pets run loose where they can be hit by traffic, poisoned, bred, etc.
My thought exactly; both my cats are indoor only. And I certainly wouldn't let them out with a known cat killer in the neighborhood.
A few years ago there was some fucking nutcase taking a razor to horsesin farms and stables in north Northumberland, not killing them just mutilating them as they slept.

There are some fucking twisted motherfuckers out there thats for sure.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Jesus, that's really going to upset Duchess.
If I remember rightly they caught the guy in the act after staking out a few farms, I think he got a massive fine and ended up in the nuthouse.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
If I remember rightly they caught the guy in the act after staking out a few farms, I think he got a massive fine and ended up in the nuthouse.
Another double post?!

I plead complete innocence, I call shenanigans.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:Another double post?!

admit it, you're an internet stutterer.
I don't think anyone who does something like that can ever be rehabilitated. "Oh I used to kill cats by ripping their guts out and posing their mutilated bodies on my neighbors lawns, but I'm much better now". Ummm No, I don't think so. Hopefully they lock him up and throw away the key.
The Antagonist Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:Another double post?!

admit it, you're an internet stutterer.

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-fuck you!

To anyone who has relativesor friends or who knows someone who stutters...

::blowme::
go to miami herald for story. i can't seem to copy. ::angrier::

[Image: t1home.cat.suspect.jpg]
Clean-cut teen held in serial cat killings
A clean-cut Miami teenager has been charged with 19 counts of animal cruelty. Police say Tyler Hayes Weinman, 18, grew up in the same neighborhoods terrorized by the month-long cat-killing spree. Some of the pets were multilated and "posed," police said full story

The Antagonist Wrote:Good! This kid sounds like a serial killer in training.

That was my first thought, the next Jeffery Dahmer.

I also heard on the radio this morning about some fuckwit who was selling "Goth Kittens" on the internet. Complete with ear, nose and whatever piercing you desire. It has been shut down now, thank God.
SyberBitch Wrote:One thing though... I'm guessing that all of the cats he killed were 'outside' at the time??

Second layer - stupid fucking pet owners, irresponsibly letting their animals run loose in the neighborhood.

It's hardly ever 'safe' to let a cat outside, since they can't be easily contained within yards. Shame on people for letting their pets run loose where they can be hit by traffic, poisoned, bred, etc.

I don't understand the stupidity of some people with their pets. I have 3 cats, all indoor. We take them out when we sit on the porch. One of them we have to put a harness on and then chain her up so she can have about 30 ft. to explore. My ragdoll is scared of his own shadow and the other one stays on the porch chasing flies. We don't even leave the harnessed one out by herself. We are always out there with them.

I can see if you live in the country and have a few barn cats, but theres no excuse if you live in town or the city.

Now the neighbors across the street are another story. While they don't let they're dogs run wild, they let them out on a 10 ft. chain long enough to do their business, and back inside they go. This is on the front lawn, these dogs are Huskies, and they have a huge back yard, but never let the dogs go out back and play. In 2 years, I have yet to see either one of them take these dogs for a walk and their house is very small.

I wanna go smack them upside the head with a big rawhide dog bone...fuckers.