Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Are you a judgemental person?
Do you judge a person by the way they look or their race? Or do you form your opinion based on what they bring to the table? What kind of person they are on the inside?

I try very hard not to judge people. You never know what goes on in their lives. What hardships or tragedies they have had to endure. Or what happy and wonderful things are going on. A few years ago my sister and I were in CVS and this dude in front of us was covered in tattoos. She was like ew and said something like he looks like a scumbag. I told her that was mean. He could be the nicest guy in the world. The best father or friend. Even be a millionaire. Or he could be a scum bag. Just because I don't find tattoos attractive doesn't make someone who does wrong. My sister and I had a long conversation afterwards about judging people. And she said I was right. She was being harsh on the guy due to his appearance.

Are you judgemental?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
This is one of those trick questions whereby, if i respond to your answer, you will judge me based on what i say won't you? Smiley_emoticons_smile

Fuck it.....yes i am judgemental. Take a look at Cracker....she's a perfect example of a yappy little chihuahua, all cute and fluffy but won't shut the hell up...ultimately compelling one to dropkick it over the fence.

Who in their right bloody mind would want to carry that around in their handbag all day??
What an odd thread.
I figure you have to make "Judgements" about people every day and the first and most important tool you have to do that with is what they look like. Humans are visual oriented creatures, to deny judgments based on visual input is denying your creation and also very nieve. True, if your sisters immediate judgement of tattoo guy was harsh it may have been out of line, But, even or better odds it was not. That first judgement doesn't have to be the last or permanant. X GF was constantly on my ass about being judgemental about people because if we were out in a bar somewhere some"scumbag, barfly, degenerate" (in my mind) would start talking to us. Most of the time I would dismiss them and tell them to go away. She would want to talk to the idiot and then want to tell me all about how sad it was, he used to own a business, had a family and his business partner took his old lady and kids and he went broke so he spent the next 14 years drinking and drugging. My version is the guy was probably a douchbag drug user and a drunk, his old lady dumped his drunk ass and the partner took his part of the business and cut him loose.
Either way it only takea a few seconds to figure out this guy brings nothing to the table that I need in my life, so why should I waste my time on them at all?
So, yes I am judgemental, I live in Florida where I have to make a judgement call in about 5 seconds. Now and then I may be wrong, but 99% of the time I am right, close enough for me.
People that say that they are all non judgemental are either lieing, deluded or just plain nieve.
I'm not sure what prosaic drivel dopey wrote in the OP, but if she's claiming to be non-judgmental, she's full of shit again.

Everyone judges. Instinctively....that's right, it's a survival instinct. We're programmed to be suspicious of things that are different to us. It's why you don't walk down the wrong side of the 8 mile at night, it's why you don't go for a holiday in Mexico at the moment or why we all have to take our shoes off at the airport now. All of those are judgement decisions against a majority of good to protect us from a minority of bad.

Thinking someone is a whore by the way they dress or act, or a junkie by scars on their arms and pockmarks on their face is just an extension of that. Sure, how we behave and treat people after our initial judgement may be a reflection on our character, but we all judge initially.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(06-19-2012, 08:09 AM)LeVamp Wrote: This is one of those trick questions whereby, if i respond to your answer, you will judge me based on what i say won't you? Smiley_emoticons_smile

Fuck it.....yes i am judgemental. Take a look at Cracker....she's a perfect example of a yappy little chihuahua, all cute and fluffy but won't shut the hell up...ultimately compelling one to dropkick it over the fence.

Who in their right bloody mind would want to carry that around in their handbag all day??

I like you already hah
I said I TRY hard not to be judgemental. I didn't say that I am NOT judgemental. Of course we all judge people on how they look. My point is that I try to see what's underneath. Sometimes a cigar is a cigar. Sometimes it's not. I try to give a person the benefit of the doubt until they either show me they deserved it or that they didn't.
(06-19-2012, 09:04 AM)crash Wrote: I'm not sure what prosaic drivel dopey wrote in the OP, but if she's claiming to be non-judgmental, she's full of shit again.

Everyone judges. Instinctively....that's right, it's a survival instinct. We're programmed to be suspicious of things that are different to us. It's why you don't walk down the wrong side of the 8 mile at night, it's why you don't go for a holiday in Mexico at the moment or why we all have to take our shoes off at the airport now. All of those are judgement decisions against a majority of good to protect us from a minority of bad.

Thinking someone is a whore by the way they dress or act, or a junkie by scars on their arms and pockmarks on their face is just an extension of that. Sure, how we behave and treat people after our initial judgement may be a reflection on our character, but we all judge initially.

Fuck off Crash. If you don't like me and don't want to read my drivel, stay out of threads that I start. Don't post about me or respond to me. Asshole.
Yes. I judge. I judge the woman in walmart with 4 kids, 2 of them in diapers and nothing else, the baby that's not old enough to walk with dirty feet & three of her kids are screaming their heads off and she's completely ignoring all of them. I judge the black kid with his underwear hanging out, sideways ball cap and a wife beater. I judge the fat kid that hides in the bushes and throws rocks at cars. I usually don't become friends with those people or allow my children to become friends with people like that. They may be the nicest person in the world, but if you present yourself in a certain light, I can only think THATS the kinda person you really are.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
Am I judgemental?

You tell me shitbird.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(06-19-2012, 12:23 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: Yes. I judge. I judge the woman in walmart with 4 kids, 2 of them in diapers and nothing else, the baby that's not old enough to walk with dirty feet & three of her kids are screaming their heads off and she's completely ignoring all of them. I judge the black kid with his underwear hanging out, sideways ball cap and a wife beater. I judge the fat kid that hides in the bushes and throws rocks at cars. I usually don't become friends with those people or allow my children to become friends with people like that. They may be the nicest person in the world, but if you present yourself in a certain light, I can only think THATS the kinda person you really are.

Yea well with the examples you've given, yes I would say I judge them as well. FYI, the kid in the bushes throwing rocks at cars is not a nice person.
I'm pretty judgemental, but in a vicarious sense.

I fap to judge Milian in Peoples Court for example, especially when she's bringing down her Judgement.

Other than that I wield my Mace of Bitterness and Vitriol most astutely.

Yes, I am.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
You can judge me anytime, Duchess.
(06-19-2012, 02:19 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: You can judge me anytime, Duchess.

You pretty much think about sex non-stop don't you?

Judging equates sex?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-19-2012, 02:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Judging equates sex?

No hah It was they way he said. Or maybe the way I read it.
You construct sexual innuendo out of anything anyone posts, don't you Ramsey?
(06-19-2012, 02:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Judging equates sex?

Only in The People's Court Bass Ass Grin
(06-19-2012, 04:00 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: You construct sexual innuendo out of anything anyone posts, don't you Ramsey?

Only from you sweetie. And MS. hah