Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DID YOU KNOW?

During hurricane Katrina more than 250,000 pets died because they weren't allowed into shelters. Out of that came the Pets Evacuation and Transportation Standards Act that states shelters must now accommodate people & their pets during an emergency, it's the law.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
96That is a huge positive that came out of that tragedy. Even if you are not an animal lover, the # of people lost was huge because many refused to leave their homes without their pets.

i cannot imagine waving goodby to my dogs while climbing into a rescue boat. think i might have had to stay with them and taken my chances.

one of the things that gets me the most is how sensitive pets are to pain/fear. when i take my pets to the groomers they tremble in such fear... all those poor babies so scared and alone...
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
Furiouswhen i saw those pictures of the pets in danger after katrina...the ones that really got me were the ones trapped...this one dog was filmed from a helicopter chained on the 3rd floor of a condo/house and the water was up to the 2nd floor and no one was with him. actually, truth to tell, after i saw that video clip is when i went up to the pound and got wilson...the next one in line for the _____...he had a nervous twitch from being beaten/abused. he's now spoiled rotten and the king of our home.
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
pspence, what are you having done at the groomer? I ask because the concept is completely new to me, I've never known a dog owner other than a woman with a poodle who ever took their pets to a groomer.
We take our dogs to the groomer too. Scoobie gets shaved, bath, ears cleaned, and his nails cut. Jethro gets a puppy bath, ears cleaned, and nails cut. It doesn't cost much and it's a lot cleaner than giving them a bath at home.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever leave my pets. My ex stayed home with the cat during the one and only time I ever spent in a hurricane shelter. After that, we evacuated twice for hurricanes (impromptu vacation to PA) and twice or three times for fires and we took our pets with us every time. I understand why they don't allow pets in shelters but I don't think its right. I put more value on the life of an animal than I do a human more often than not.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
Screw that. A pet's a fine thing but if all hell breaks loose it's on its own. Notice none of the men of Mock are in here pretending their animals are people. If I make an effort to save a pet during a disaster it's because I think I might need a meal later.
(09-04-2012, 10:33 AM)Donovan Wrote: Notice none of the men of Mock are in here pretending their animals are people.

I don't look at any of my animals as humans but I do think more of them than the average person. People are fucked up...let me count the ways.
(09-04-2012, 10:33 AM)Donovan Wrote: Screw that. A pet's a fine thing but if all hell breaks loose it's on its own. Notice none of the men of Mock are in here pretending their animals are people. If I make an effort to save a pet during a disaster it's because I think I might need a meal later.

Pets can be eaten if the need arises. I would not risk my life for a pet but would for a total stranger.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I like to think if I had a cat and I was alseep in a burning house the cat would come for me.
I don't have much sympathy for fucked up humans either and that's probably my most conservative angle with regard to offing habitual violent and depraved people; but that doesn't mean all people are fucked up or even most of them. Sometimes we get a skewed picture based on reading all these crime stories, because the one sonofabitch strangling five-year-olds gets a helluva lot more attention than the three million other people who just get up and try to get through the day with a smile. Normal people are legion, but boring.
As for placing an animal's life ahead of a person's or one's own...that's indicative of some emotional issues in THAT person more than the fuckup he or she refuses to save.
Yeah, but can we talk about how much our pets love us?
Sure, as long as you recognize that Mister Fuzziekins would have no trouble snacking on bits of your corpse if you were to die suddenly before you'd had a chace to feed him and the two of you were locked in together for a few days.
Did you hear the story about the horse kicking down the door to save the lady? Me neither.
But he would only do that so you'll always be a part of him. And a part of his poop.
(09-04-2012, 11:29 AM)Riotgear Wrote: Yeah, but can we talk about how much our pets love us?

Yeah, I knew a guy who had his dog for 8 years, where the dog seemingly loved his owner. The guy did love his dog.
One day the dog got out of the yard, and went missing for over two years. He thought the dog might have gotten run over.

As fate would have it, the guy saw his beloved dog being walked in a park by a woman. He knew it was his dog, cause the dog had a piece of his ear bitten off by some other animal.

Well the guy went up to the dog (and woman) and he said the dog acted like he didn't even seem like he recognized him, so . . . . . you never know. (Of course, the woman kept the dog.)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Better dog food=Love
(09-04-2012, 11:28 AM)Donovan Wrote: As for placing an animal's life ahead of a person's or one's own...that's indicative of some emotional issues in THAT person more than the fuckup he or she refuses to save.

When people do that their issues are a lot bigger than emotional & might even border on that person being a psychopath.
@carsman and gear:
Well yeah but that's true for all of us. I got all kinds of
guy friends, but if the right girl shows up with some lasagna and I don't even KNOW them motherfuckers.

Especially if there's a hurricane going on.
(09-04-2012, 12:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-04-2012, 11:28 AM)Donovan Wrote: As for placing an animal's life ahead of a person's or one's own...that's indicative of some emotional issues in THAT person more than the fuckup he or she refuses to save.

When people do that their issues are a lot bigger than emotional & might even border on that person being a psychopath.

Yup.