Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ARE YOU A FREAK?

Are you the type to create files on people that you encounter online? Do you keep track of what people post & when they post it and who they post it to? Could you pull out a post from a year or five ago and say SEE! SEE WHAT YOU POSTED? Are you freaky like that?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I can't even imagine someone investing that sort of time.

Now I might be able to recall what someone wrote, but to actively keep a dossier would be way over the top.

Do you know someone like that?
(04-03-2013, 03:34 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Do you know someone like that?

Yup and I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only one in here who knows someone like that.

I know of someone who spent a good six months once trying to find out where one of my photo avatars came from. He finally tracked it down to a photography studio in Florida.
I am not like that but I do know of someone similar.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
What a loser.
Nope but I have found the real identities of some people online based on stuff they posted. I do it out of boredom; I'd never do anything with it.

I've told a few people privately that they might want to reconsider a post because it made them findable too.
Commando Cunt Queen
I only do it with polititians.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
What made you ask this now? Do we have a freak among us?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(04-03-2013, 04:54 PM)ramseycat Wrote: What made you ask this now? Do we have a freak among us?

There is no reason. I pull topics outta my butt everyday. Maggot pulled a couple out of his this morning.
(04-03-2013, 04:51 PM)Maggot Wrote: I only do it with polititians.

Only interested in those with "tits", I see. Smiley_emoticons_wink

I'm not freaky like the OP; very rarely even curious about anyone beyond what they post/share on the board.

Clearly, those kinds of tracking/creeping freaks are out there and some of them even advertise it. It's just kinda pitiful.

While I often don't remember having posted something when an old thread gets resurrected, I do remember a lot of comments by other regular posters and could probably search and pull up an old thread for reference without much effort.
(04-03-2013, 03:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Could you pull out a post from a year or five ago and say SEE! SEE WHAT YOU POSTED? Are you freaky like that?

Yup.

If I read it it gets stored in my memory.

Numbers, more so.

The whole reason for me being downtown was to research a case from 2008.

Long story short . . . bitch lied about annuity payments and now my client can put the kibosh on her bankruptcy.

I remembered the amount and the page of the document.

However . . . I come out of stores and can't remember where I parked my car.

...but you're not freaky, Tiki. You're not creating files on your pc to keep track of strangers. The ick factor regarding that is effin' huge. Yuk.

I'm a freak on the dance floor and the crossdressing thing but I have too much of a conscience to ever try keeping files on people. Thats why I'll never be more than a lame troll.:(

Damn. How could I forget trolls. That brings a whole other aspect to it.
I don't stalk people or anything like that, but I have a good memory and can remember things people said from years ago.
(04-03-2013, 06:15 PM)sally Wrote: I don't stalk people or anything like that, but I have a good memory and can remember things people said from years ago.

Having a good memory is a wonderful thing, it's the file bs that I get skeeved about.

I've been reading about cyberlaw & different cases and how the law is applied. There is some very bizarre shit going on in cyberspace, lots of stalking, lots of identity theft. It's the Wild West.
I was always too busy on the net trying to get laid for years, had no time left for files.
Now, I research arkane things like Bushcraft, booze making, recipes and how to make things most people don't even know how to use.
I don't care mostly what people on the internet say, I pay very little attention to names to associate them with what was said. I will pay attention if I talk to you in person but for the most part, internet bullshit is a blur.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
(04-10-2013, 01:17 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: I don't care mostly what people on the internet say, I pay very little attention

No kidding. Like when someone starts a thread about a death in the family and then just ignores every other persons response.
(04-11-2013, 05:46 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(04-10-2013, 01:17 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: I don't care mostly what people on the internet say, I pay very little attention

No kidding. Like when someone starts a thread about a death in the family and then just ignores every other persons response.

Wut?
Commando Cunt Queen