Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
former Penn. State Coach Sandusky charged in child sex case
(11-09-2011, 02:53 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: MikeyA-

I agree with virtually all of your takes out here, but you don't seem too upset at Joe or the pedophile in this case, instead aiming your sights on a janitor and a GA, who would definitely fear for their jobs.

Why the wimpy stance on this one?

Joe did what he was required to. He reported it to people who could investigate. He didn't know the details of the assault and was already in a precarious position because of previous asking Sandusky to resign.

Joe's job is as an ambassador for the school. That means his conduct is heavily regulated. Look at Bob Knight who finally lost his job for essentially nothing.

Had Joe deviated from protocol and reported second hand information to which the details were sketchy I have pointed out he opens himself and the University to a lawsuit if it's eventually determined unfounded.

As I pointed out in the case I was in I too had my hands tied or risk opening my employer and myself to lawsuit risk. Having been there and felt there was wrong doing you act appropriately but it pains you.

Now the janitor and GA, they had FIRST HAND knowledge. Penn State is a State College meaning their jobs are protected under "whistleblower" protection meaning if they thought they lost their job for blowing the whistle the onus is on the university to prove otherwise, a much different legal standing. My problem isn't so much with them not reporting it I have a problem with them NOT STOPPING IT! Which is waaaaaaay worse than even Joe's culpability if you assign any to him.
"I’m not going to cry over it. I already did that on the way home." - Michael Scott

Messages In This Thread
RE: former Penn. State Coach charged in child sex case - by MikeyA - 11-09-2011, 05:15 PM