Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
former Penn. State Coach Sandusky charged in child sex case
(11-10-2011, 01:26 PM)MikeyA Wrote: First, he did not look the other way. He reported it.

Secondly, He and Sandusky already had a beef. Had Sandusky not done what he was accused (Joe was not a witness nor did he have details) Sandusky then could have rightfully sued Joe.

Again, I was in this position and while I didn't inform authorities or have the individual locked up. You could say I protected a rapist. However in my case the individual was found innocent even though I believed him to be guilty.

We're talking about kids here.

If Paterno had reported what he had been to LE, LE would have investigated before making any arrest. They would have interviewed the graduate assistant and the child. LE would have likely tried to keep the investigation quiet both to protect the child and because they wouldn't want to be seen as harrassing Penn State football coaches. If there was nothing there, few people would have been the wiser.

If it did become public and Sandusky was innocent, I doubt if a lawsuit would have gone anywhere. If he sued Paterno, his coaching career would be over. Paterno would have been fulfilling his legal duty to report child abuse; Sandusky's beef would have been with the graduate assistant.

Messages In This Thread
RE: former Penn. State Coach charged in child sex case - by Kip - 11-10-2011, 01:42 PM