Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
former Penn. State Coach Sandusky charged in child sex case
Thinking about this case last night, I wondered where the young men from 30-40 years old were. I even stated early in this thread that I believed that "older" men would come out of the woodwork about Jerry's abuse, as a man doesn't start abusing at age 52.

I guess we have our answer, he was abusing his own sons in the 70's and 80's. Matt is 33, which would put him at age 10 in 1989. He was adopted by the Sanduskys at age 18. Was this a pay out to him? He got the Sandusky name, college paid for, and help to get his life started for his silence? Nothing said about Jerry and Dottie Sandusky would surprise me anymore. If someone came out and said they fattened children in their basement and ate them I would probably believe it *sigh*.

Matt Sandusky's adoption

Debra Long told ABC News in an exclusive interview that sharing her now 33-year-old son Matt with Sandusky had been a nightmare after the coach became the boy's guardian via foster care in 1995. Long says that she watched as her child became enamored with the local hero and then increasingly frightened by Sandusky's behavior.

"It was Jerry Sandusky, you know? Any 10-year-old kid is going to be impressed by Penn State football," Long said. "And then it was the gifts. You know, money and clothing and whatever … It was as if Jerry owned Matthew."
Sandusky entered the lives of the Longs as a mentor when Matt was 10 years old, via The Second Mile charity for at-risk youth, which the former Penn State defensive coordinator founded. When Matt was placed in juvenile hall after he set fire to a barn in 1995, he soon entered the Sandusky home as a foster child. He was adopted by Sandusky as an adult at age 18.

Note the date on this article is November 2011.

Messages In This Thread
RE: former Penn. State Coach Sandusky charged in child sex case - by Cheyne - 06-21-2012, 08:44 PM