Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
former Penn. State Coach Sandusky charged in child sex case
(01-16-2015, 04:03 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: paterno-sandusky.jpg]

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State's football team is getting back 112 wins wiped out during the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal and the late Joe Paterno has been restored as the winningest coach in major college football history.

The NCAA announced the new settlement with the school weeks before a scheduled trial on the legality of the 2012 consent decree it will replace.

The new deal also directs a $60 million fine to address child abuse be spent within Pennsylvania and resolves that lawsuit.

The NCAA board of governors approved the settlement, said association spokesman Bob Williams. The Penn State board was discussing the deal Friday afternoon.

The announcement follows the NCAA's decision last year to reinstate the school's full complement of football scholarship and let Penn State participate in post-season play, and comes just days after a federal judge declined to rule on the consent decree's constitutionality.

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/penn-state-j...osed-deal/
=======================================================

Jerry Sandusky is a piece of shit who creeps me way out; I'm glad he'll die in prison. If Paterno helped cover up Sandusky's crimes against children (and it sure looks like he did), he deserves to have a black stain on his legacy, in my opinion.

But, I agree with the terms of this settlement between the Paterno peeps and the NCAA. It wasn't cool to punish the student athletes who'd secured victories on the field by erasing those win records just because Paterno coached them; I don't see those victories as related to the criminal case at all.
I still think Papa Joe did what he was told to do by Penn State admin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: former Penn. State Coach Sandusky charged in child sex case - by Blindgreed1 - 01-16-2015, 04:25 PM