Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
former Penn. State Coach Sandusky charged in child sex case
MS, I understand your frustration with Joe. But as I said I was in a similar situation. One could accuse me of harboring a statutory rapist because I didn't call the authorities and instead informed my superiors. But as I pointed out had I notified the authorities and that Marine accused me of harassment I would not have my job. I'm not giving Joe a pass though. He had an obligation to notifiy his superiors and he did. By notifying a third party with investigative power he may end up in a lawsuit still but he won't be found cupable.

Firing the President is appropriate. Unfortunately being a leader you are responsible for the actions of those you select for positions beneath you regardless if you're aware of their conduct or not.

Sonny is right about how Universities are run. I worked for a College football program at the University of Toledo under now U of Missouri Coach Gary Pinkel. I got to see first hand how shady the University system can be. Congress should break it up begining with the BCS, the new Vegas for the college mafia.

The problem I have is many are acting like Joe was protecting Sandusky. Joe had asked Sandusky for his resignation 2 years prior to the incident and they separated on bad terms. I seriously doubt Joe would protect someone he had a legitimate grudge with.
"I’m not going to cry over it. I already did that on the way home." - Michael Scott

Messages In This Thread
RE: former Penn. State Coach charged in child sex case - by MikeyA - 11-10-2011, 12:17 PM