Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
former Penn. State Coach Sandusky charged in child sex case
(11-10-2011, 01:20 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: MikeyA- My point about Paterno this whole time has not been 'Did he do the LEAST amount required LEGALLY to cover his ass?'

As more details emerge, and timelines are established, JoePa has done NOTHING morally or ethically to make sure a monster was taken off the streets.

Bottom line:

He looked the other way knowing that a child molester/child rapist was loose on the streets.

He's arguably the most powerful man in Happy Valley. If he truly cared about the well-being of CHILDREN, he could've made something happen.

Would it have been ugly for himself and the University if he had gone to the authorities? Probably.

Would people have applauded him for showing backbone and not looking the other way for one of his cronies in the end? Absolutely.

First, he did not look the other way. He reported it.

Secondly, He and Sandusky already had a beef. Had Sandusky not done what he was accused (Joe was not a witness nor did he have details) Sandusky then could have rightfully sued Joe.

Again, I was in this position and while I didn't inform authorities or have the individual locked up. You could say I protected a rapist. However in my case the individual was found innocent even though I believed him to be guilty.
"I’m not going to cry over it. I already did that on the way home." - Michael Scott

Messages In This Thread
RE: former Penn. State Coach charged in child sex case - by MikeyA - 11-10-2011, 01:26 PM