Mock
new phone - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: TECH BULLSHIT (https://mockforums.net/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: new phone (/thread-15068.html)

new phone - Maggot - 02-20-2022

I'm swapping out of a flip phone to a smart phone. It's a PITA.   Only 1 hr on the phone so far and I have 3 phones I'm using. Please pray for me on this cell phone Sunday.

RE: new phone - Duchess - 02-20-2022

I have no doubt you'll take to it like a duck to water.

RE: new phone - Maggot - 02-20-2022

My number has been transferred, not my contacts. I'm having a rough time with it way to much shit. I'm trying to get rid of all these apps on it. I don't need wi-fi or any of the other crap on it.

RE: new phone - Clang McFly - 02-20-2022

(02-20-2022, 11:59 AM)Maggot Wrote: My number has been transferred, not my contacts. I'm having a rough time with it way to much shit. I'm trying to get rid of all these apps on it. I don't need wi-fi or any of the other crap on it.

Even if you don't want to use it for games or surfing the net. It's handy to use your phone as a camera, calculator, watch, dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia.

RE: new phone - Carsman - 02-20-2022

(02-20-2022, 10:57 AM)Maggot Wrote: I'm swapping out of a flip phone to a smart phone. It's a PITA.   Only 1 hr on the phone so far and I have 3 phones I'm using. Please pray for me on this cell phone Sunday.

Sometimes getting into the 21st century gizmos is not easy!  hah

RE: new phone - Duchess - 02-20-2022

(02-20-2022, 11:59 AM)Maggot Wrote: My number has been transferred, not my contacts. I'm having a rough time with it way to much shit. I'm trying to get rid of all these apps on it. I don't need wi-fi or any of the other crap on it.

Tap your finger firmly on any app until it starts to wiggle, they all should have a tiny X on them. Hitting the X will delete the app. 

I'd handle that all for you if we were closer. Then we'd fire up a bowl.

RE: new phone - Maggot - 02-20-2022

To late.

RE: new phone - rothschild - 02-20-2022

Smart devices always try to access your wi-fi so they can log your router's IP address, so your smart to disallow it. I don't use apps on my phone, either, because they can be used by company employees to spy on you.

RE: new phone - Maggot - 02-21-2022

I will be using a plug to charge it, never a computer. No banking none of that crap. I don't want to be one of those idiots that walk around with it in their face all day.

RE: new phone - Duchess - 02-21-2022

Don't forget to go into your privacy settings and turn off your location.

RE: new phone - Maggot - 02-21-2022

Yeah I'm slowly going through it to get rid of all the stupid stuff

RE: new phone - Duchess - 02-21-2022

I pretty much detest my phones. I view them as a leash.

RE: new phone - Clang McFly - 02-21-2022

(02-21-2022, 03:30 PM)Maggot Wrote: Yeah I'm slowly going through it to get rid of all the stupid stuff

You inspired me. I organized and got rid of my unused and hardly used apps. Down to 2 pages/screens of apps instead of 4.

RE: new phone - Maggot - 04-12-2022

My new phone sucks. I just learned its a stupid 29 dollar phone.

RE: new phone - BigMark - 04-13-2022

My $180 amazon Samsung S9+ rocks.

RE: new phone - Duchess - 04-13-2022

I paid $300 a piece (and that's considered cheap!) for the last phones I bought and I resented every friggin' penny. There was a time my carrier would give free phones every 2 years as long as you remain under contract with them, but they stopped doing that. 

RE: new phone - Clang McFly - 04-13-2022

$350 for my Samsung A20. I miss my Samsung Galaxy S6. Even though the stupid phone wouldn't charge for me but charged for the Walmart clerk when he transferredmy stuff over to the new phone. I should have used my stimulus checks for a new phone. If I get any money from my mom and dad's life insurance, I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy S22.