Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new phone
I'm swapping out of a flip phone to a smart phone. It's a PITA.   Only 1 hr on the phone so far and I have 3 phones I'm using. Please pray for me on this cell phone Sunday.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I have no doubt you'll take to it like a duck to water.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My number has been transferred, not my contacts. I'm having a rough time with it way to much shit. I'm trying to get rid of all these apps on it. I don't need wi-fi or any of the other crap on it.
(02-20-2022, 11:59 AM)Maggot Wrote: My number has been transferred, not my contacts. I'm having a rough time with it way to much shit. I'm trying to get rid of all these apps on it. I don't need wi-fi or any of the other crap on it.

Even if you don't want to use it for games or surfing the net. It's handy to use your phone as a camera, calculator, watch, dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia.
(02-20-2022, 10:57 AM)Maggot Wrote: I'm swapping out of a flip phone to a smart phone. It's a PITA.   Only 1 hr on the phone so far and I have 3 phones I'm using. Please pray for me on this cell phone Sunday.

Sometimes getting into the 21st century gizmos is not easy!  hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(02-20-2022, 11:59 AM)Maggot Wrote: My number has been transferred, not my contacts. I'm having a rough time with it way to much shit. I'm trying to get rid of all these apps on it. I don't need wi-fi or any of the other crap on it.

Tap your finger firmly on any app until it starts to wiggle, they all should have a tiny X on them. Hitting the X will delete the app. 

I'd handle that all for you if we were closer. Then we'd fire up a bowl.
To late.

Smart devices always try to access your wi-fi so they can log your router's IP address, so your smart to disallow it. I don't use apps on my phone, either, because they can be used by company employees to spy on you.
I will be using a plug to charge it, never a computer. No banking none of that crap. I don't want to be one of those idiots that walk around with it in their face all day.
Don't forget to go into your privacy settings and turn off your location.
Yeah I'm slowly going through it to get rid of all the stupid stuff
I pretty much detest my phones. I view them as a leash.
(02-21-2022, 03:30 PM)Maggot Wrote: Yeah I'm slowly going through it to get rid of all the stupid stuff

You inspired me. I organized and got rid of my unused and hardly used apps. Down to 2 pages/screens of apps instead of 4.
My new phone sucks. I just learned its a stupid 29 dollar phone.
My $180 amazon Samsung S9+ rocks.
I paid $300 a piece (and that's considered cheap!) for the last phones I bought and I resented every friggin' penny. There was a time my carrier would give free phones every 2 years as long as you remain under contract with them, but they stopped doing that. 
$350 for my Samsung A20. I miss my Samsung Galaxy S6. Even though the stupid phone wouldn't charge for me but charged for the Walmart clerk when he transferredmy stuff over to the new phone. I should have used my stimulus checks for a new phone. If I get any money from my mom and dad's life insurance, I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy S22.