Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School
Not much info now.

Shooting reported at Connecticut elementary school

Breaking news coming in - Connecticut State Police are responding to reports of a shooting at a Newtown elementary school in southwestern Connecticut, according to police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance.

We'll bring you more details as soon as we get them.

Our affiliates in the area are saying the school is the Sandy Hook Elementary School.

WTNH says all schools in the area are on lockdown. WFSB added that afternoon kindergarten was being canceled.
A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school this morning prompted the town of Newtown to lock down all of its schools and drew SWAT teams to the school, authorities said today.

A gunman has been killed and at least one other person has been shot, authorities told ABC News.

The shooting occurred at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, about 12 miles east of Danbury.

State Police received the first 911 call at 9:41a.m. and immediately began sending emergency units from the western part of the state.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-connec...MtQzG9ZUl8

CNN was reporting that one child may have been shot in the face and another in the hand. As of 15 minutes ago, they weren't sure who the shooter was (adult or child).
OK, I just read on CNN that 2 adults were killed. I think they may still be sorting things out.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14/sho...?hpt=hp_t1
One witness "at least a hundred rounds fired" and shooter's body found in a classroom. I'm afraid we may get some very bad news about some of those students. I hope I'm wrong.
Commando Cunt Queen
Ugh. CNN reporting there may be 20 dead including 10 kids.

ETA: now 27, 18 kids. :(

Who the hell is the shooter?
Commando Cunt Queen
http://www.13abc.com/story/20346179/gunm...l-shooting

They changed the article but it said before that the shooter was a parent to a child at the school. That may be false since it's since been changed.
What kind of demented demon does this sort of thing?

How does this person's family/friends not know that they're capable of this?

I won't start on the gun thing again, but gun supporters know the easiest, quickest way to a 'high body count' is with a fire-arm.

What do we do? I mean, we can't let our kids go to school and wonder if they're going to be slaughtered. Do we have to have police at every school?

This to me feels different than a kid who's bullied and takes out his frustrations.

These are 'little' kids. I'm at a loss...
I read earlier the shooter is dead. Is this still accurate? If he took himself out that was too good for him.
Yea this seriously sux. You may know I am not real big on what passes for gun control, but I can't see what reason people need with asault weapons. Haven't heard that thats what was used or not. Not that it really matters a lot. One guy with a little training and a 6 gun can put a lot of people down pretty fast
This is just heartbreaking and insane.

oh my god
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
FUCK!!! It's an entire kindergarten class unaccounted for!

ETA: That's unconfirmed but it sort of fits with the shooter being found inside a classroom. Damn.
(12-14-2012, 01:59 PM)username Wrote: Ugh. CNN reporting there may be 20 dead including 10 kids.

ETA: now 27, 18 kids. :(

Who the hell is the shooter?

Jesus. When I first saw the story posted, I figured the shooter was most likely a loony parent involved in a custody battle who shot at teachers or school administrators to get his/her kid (or because they'd complained about him/her).

Doesn't seem that way now. The profile of someone who chooses to spree kill little kids has gotta be unbelievably scary.

I don't think I'll be able to look at victim photos when they're released; tearing up just reading about it.

Heartbreaking...
Shooter was 20 but they have someone else that they're questioning. I can't get my head around the idea of 2 people conspiring to shoot up an elementary school. I hope it was just the one dead freak.
Commando Cunt Queen
Good lord! 27 dead! This is so bad, WTF!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
This is just nucking futs!
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!Thumb_smiley-vault-signs-060
Coming so soon after our incident here, it just defies logic.

Children........how can anyone stand there and pull the trigger on little kids.

My heart goes out to those parents who have lost their children.

It's time to start arming teachers!
I love my country! I don't trust my government!

This is who is being identified as the shooter. If it turns out to be wrong I'll be editing it out.

There is a FB account for this person but I can't see anything because I don't have an account.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Not much to see on his page. It's mostly private.

[Image: 150996_10100120293003893_1030729465_n.jpg]

https://www.facebook.com/rlanza?fref=ts
Now reports that he killed both parents prior to going to the school.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2012/12/...e-injured/
I love my country! I don't trust my government!